A-Sides rants over unreleased tunes uploads on youtube

Nah i don't think it's like that Dee. Mixcloud is a free service these days. I think more DJs/Producers are frequenting it more due to the fact it's unlimited uploads. On Soundcloud, it's all run in time limits on accounts, so if you are constantly uploading mixes, you're gonna eventually have to delete one of the old mixes on there to make room for new ones.

Just pisses me off dude..everytime I see a mixcloud link I´m like "yeah, nice one..no thanks."

The whole uplaoding a clip of a fresh tune to youtube is a genuine confusion to me...

It must only be when you make music that you can wholeheartedly comment on it, because you own that thing, it yours, you made it...

But, its a double edged sword surely?

It could make said tune blow up beyond belief, or get the underground recognition that you were seeking, or any other goal you were wishing to achieve?

Or...

It could go down the route of the constantly used theory of over-playing/over exposure kills the tune before its even had a chance etc etc...

But for me as a consumer & a friend of people that are "in the game" right now, surely the main point that dictates the difference between the above scenarios, is the quality of the music?

As in, the music will do the talking regardless of where it's heard?

:confused:

Spot on

What's it matter?

It's not like anyone is going to rip a youtube vid and shove it on their mp3 player or use it to play out at a night

Some of these crusty old farts need to get with the times

Didnt Mind Vortex do that on DNBTV live with food fight.......

The most people can do as a deterrant is ask to have videos/clips/rips taken down, I know a fair few labels and artists do this (Critical, Headz, Quarantine etc)

Like Moskit said its just the nature of the beast now with music and how its heard

Although anyone who uses a You Tube rip to DJ clearly needs needs to look at themselves

If said tune is uploaded via Soundcloud or on a live set that has been recorded then that link is going to be passed round the internet. Why is it so bad if uploaded to Youtube and shared? Or is the problem said artist has not uploaded it to their own channel etc? Maybe I'm missing the point here so correct me if I'm wrong.

I share Soundcloud snippets of tunes on my blog, is that frowned upon too?

If make tracks publicly available, wether it be a snippet on souncloud or a recorded live mix, you have to be prepared for it to be posted elsewhere. It's the fucking Internet.

if you are a producer and you are uploading full tracks to sound cloud, with out fucking them up a bit or just puttin a clip on then unfortunately what do u honestly expect.As soon as u get a release on an MP3 thats it...your tune is out there digitally and trying to control who does what with that file is a job in itself...you cant...just got to keep ya stuff on serious lock down...but on release its gone.

Wat als je op een dag wakker en je tepels zijn helemaal weg!

Als geen littekens of wat dan ook, gewoon plat gladde huid en dan, als je eenmaal je kamer verlaat u van uw vader stierf gisteravond toen en enkele dagen later, kom je erachter dat het voor je hele leven, je vader was heimelijk nemen in uw kamer, terwijl je sliep
en zuigen op je borst aan te brengen in gigantische hickeys waar je tepels zou moeten zijn, omdat je geboren bent zonder hen.

Niet voor elke seksuele reden dan ook, maar dat je het zou passen in

God zegene je vader.

id say best thing is for producers to do say 2min clips with watermarks on it...ie...there producer / label name being spoken over it and fading it in and out to make nigh on impossible for anyone to use......it'll still get ripped and plastered on youtube maybe.....but surely this is good promo....as long as it cant be used for dj'ing, selling ect.

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

Why's that so hard to believe? 320s are pretty shit anyway.

???????? in comparison to a wav.....or vinyl????

I get where he is coming from. I echo some of the comments made though, just watermark the track with DJ name and label or whatever.

Anyone that is sad enough to to rip and try and recreate it as a 6 minute tune and use it to mix needs take a long hard look in the mirror.

Back
Top Bottom