A-Sides rants over unreleased tunes uploads on youtube

DeeGun

banned on facebook
VIP Junglist
What is it with you dick heads out there who like to post our unreleased tunes on YouTube??? You rip it from SoundCloud then try and clean it up then put a HQ stream onto your YouTube channel??? This is not cool don't get me wrong we all love to sample but anyone in this game who has respect does not mess with unreleased tracks that have not even had there chance to shine yet. It's hard enough in this game to make things work without twats like you doing this. If a track of mine has had it's moment then by all means post away and do whatever. Drum & Bass is a tight community, We have each others backs. If i catch u messing with my fresh stuff i'll get u shut u down!

http://www.facebook.com/djasides

I understand where he's coming from but I think his mindset is somewhat outdated... if you put it online people are gonna grab it and treat it like it's their own, just the way it is

The hilarious thing is seeing these kids putting "non-copy written" download links in the vid descriptions.

What's it matter?

It's not like anyone is going to rip a youtube vid and shove it on their mp3 player or use it to play out at a night

Some of these crusty old farts need to get with the times

Dear labels and producers, go to the LiftedMusic channel and learn. I can see why do most labels and producers hesitate to upload their stuff on youtube/soundcloud, butt fuck me if there's anything more annyoing than not-even-2-minutes-long clips of forthcoming or even already released tune available. Waiting months or years for a tune to be released and all you can do to kill that time is to listen to mixcuts or these clips makes me wanna kill myself.

It's not like anyone is going to rip a youtube vid and shove it on their mp3 player or use it to play out at a night

Hmm..not too sure about that..what about Mind Vortex? :teeth:

Some of these crusty old farts need to get with the times

Oh they do! They now upload sets to mixcloud without the possibility of downloading, so pirates can´t cut and paste their tunes..well on a serious tip..don´t know about that but I´m really annoyed with the recent excessive use of mixcloud.

What's it matter?

You'd be surprised. These kids don't give a shit about paying for music. If they can get it for free by other means, then they will. Had someone come up to me at a gig the other night saying they loved one of our tunes so much that they ripped it off YouTube. I said, well that tune is out, if you really love it like you say you do, you could buy a clear 320 copy for less than a pound. Kid looked stumped. Bumped my fist and walked away.

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

Oh they do! They now upload sets to mixcloud without the possibility of downloading, so pirates can´t cut and paste their tunes..well on a serious tip..don´t know about that but I´m really annoyed with the recent excessive use of mixcloud.

Nah i don't think it's like that Dee. Mixcloud is a free service these days. I think more DJs/Producers are frequenting it more due to the fact it's unlimited uploads. On Soundcloud, it's all run in time limits on accounts, so if you are constantly uploading mixes, you're gonna eventually have to delete one of the old mixes on there to make room for new ones. I think it's more of a convenience as opposed to curbing the pirates.

Although pirating is clearly a problem. For the most part its keeping control of promotion thats the problem. If you've got a tune that is nowhere near finished, won't be coming out for a year or so and someone played it on radio, what are you supposed to do? Let the masses listen to it, judge it and then be done with it?

There are so many reasons people wouldn't want their stuff all over youtube. Again it just comes down to the fact REALLY the artist should have control over their music and the internet makes that very difficult - coupled with the fact everyone and their dog seems to think they're owed whatever music is around.

Don't upload to soundcloud etc etc unfinished stuff = Problem solved

I understand that not getting booked for sets on the regs = Not getting the airtime you desire airtime for tunes.

But thats the nature of the beast, no?

I've got friends who are signed & doing well that are far less well known than A-Sides, that putting something they don't want pirated onto any online platform is a complete schoolboy error.

Sorry, but Butthurt Renty Hype.

Should do a Mistabishi, pretend to DJ with switched off CDJ's, post pics of cock & recite Deadmau5 rants.

I understand that not getting booked for sets on the regs = Not getting the airtime you desire airtime for tunes.

But thats the nature of the beast, no?

I've got friends who are signed & doing well that are far less well known than A-Sides, that putting something they don't want pirated onto any online platform is a complete schoolboy error.

Sorry, but Butthurt Renty Hype.

Should do a Mistabishi, pretend to DJ with switched off CDJ's, post pics of cock & recite Deadmau5 rants.

i agree with you fully man, especially this:

thats just putting shit in the public domain. anyone who uploads something on the internet and expects no one to fuck with it is an idiot

I wouldn't say idiot...

Because part & parcel of selling music/being an artist is having to promote yourself/your material.

But i'm pretty darn sure A-Sides is clued up enough to know the crossover point.

Ranting at people uploading stuff onto youtube, which I think in the more part is simply for the love of the music, is not the way to solve his problems.

This is either a drunken rant or an attempt at "hey look at me i'm being controversial to get some exposure" type thing?

Putting unfinished stuff into the public realm IS definately a problem. However sending a beat to someone and next things its been played on radio still happens quite a lot.

Its still arguably not a problem if people dont capitalise on it and put it on youtube (which is what his original complaint was about).

It does my head in when these artists moan about this. If you are so bothered about it DONT FUCKING PUT A SNIPPET ON SOUNDCLOUD ! of course some idiot is going to post it on youtube but you must be an idiot to post a snippet on soundcloud and expect no one to share it. The thing is i bet its one of this a-sides fans who has uploaded it to youtube yet now that fan has been called a twat serveral times for loving this a-sides stuff and trying to promote it thats the way i see it.

The whole uplaoding a clip of a fresh tune to youtube is a genuine confusion to me...

It must only be when you make music that you can wholeheartedly comment on it, because you own that thing, it yours, you made it...

But, its a double edged sword surely?

It could make said tune blow up beyond belief, or get the underground recognition that you were seeking, or any other goal you were wishing to achieve?

Or...

It could go down the route of the constantly used theory of over-playing/over exposure kills the tune before its even had a chance etc etc...

But for me as a consumer & a friend of people that are "in the game" right now, surely the main point that dictates the difference between the above scenarios, is the quality of the music?

As in, the music will do the talking regardless of where it's heard?

:confused:

Last edited:
The whole uplaoding a clip of a fresh tune to youtube is a genuine confusion to me...

It must only be when you make music that you can wholeheartedly comment on it, because you own that thing, it yours, you made it...

But, its a double edged sword surely?

It could make said tune blow up beyond belief, or get the underground recognition that you were seeking, or any other goal you were wishing to achieve?

Or...

It could go down the route of the constantly used theory of over-playing/over exposure kills the tune before its even had a chance...

But for me as a consumer & a friend of people that are "in the game" right now, surely the main point that dictates the difference between the above scenarios is the quality of the music?

As in, the music will do the talking regardless of where it's heard?

:confused:

Exactly

Post has been deleted now?

I don't really know where I stand on this one. I think if it's something that you want to keep firmly under wraps, you don't send it to anyone, upload it anywhere, full stop. But other than that, if it's being uploaded to Youtube then its just free publicity.. no?

Back
Top Bottom