3 deck sets!!!

probably slightly off the point, but go to youtube look up a guy named trixta. he laughs at 3 decks. he holds the world record for turntables used. 6 at once. not really mixing six tunes but having different elements of a track pressed on its own piece of vinyl and kind of producing a track as he mixes. genius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghu6XfZvkWs

Last edited:
this sounds so good, i tihnk im gonna head out and buy a 3rd deck now! has anyone got some really good three deck sets that they can post up? ones that show really what can be done and gimme a few starting ideas haha!

I post something up oneday, won't be all new just a bit of a fuck around, mainly jump up. I have a couple video's where I use three but there only ten mins. http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=31938 Great potential with three decks in a set, but you have to be really on the ball, especially when you have three tracks on the run, generally have to alternate monitering of the two tracks being mixed into the third every couple of seconds, if you take you eye of the ball, well perhaps ear of the ball for one moment you end up with a mess which pretty much can't be saved. Basically as it starts to slip if you aint quick you gonna loose it, and loose it big style

I bought myself a 3rd deck last year and i have never regret it, I use it everytime im mixin. The best thing about it is when you have a mix flowing instead of just standing there looking to make sure the eq's are correct you can queue up the next tune in advance

this sounds so good, i tihnk im gonna head out and buy a 3rd deck now! has anyone got some really good three deck sets that they can post up? ones that show really what can be done and gimme a few starting ideas haha!

This is what I have been doing with the third. It the most intense use of three decks I have done http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=33352

Last edited:
Whenever I do 3 decks, I use it for cueing the 3rd record in advance, mixing it in as the 2nd second record is finishing its mix with the 1st, for long continuous flow.

ditto. i love using 3 decks...

for me its ideal for quicker mixing...teasing tracks in...dont particularly like letting a track play on its own for longer than say 30 seconds! its starting to become the norm for all big name dj's, by 2020 everyone will be using 10 decks haha

i love my 3 turntables. i wouldnt want to part with them :)
when i first started them i was scared to have 3 decks mixing at once, but as you progress.. it becomes much easier to keep all 3 decks on cue. it makes mixing alot more fun and entertaining.

im actually thinking of grabbing a pioneer djm-1000mk3 to complete my set up
djing is such an expensive habit

ive had 3 decks now for about a month.. dont expect too much too soon, but when u get the hang of it, its really fun. it sounds more fluent as well because u dont have to take a tune out to put a new one in (obviously) :P

3 decks is a lot of fun! had 3 a few years ago,wish i still did! gives you a different dimmension creatively,have considered it again but would need to update mixer too! DOLLARS!! :mrpanic:

i've been toying with the idea of a 3rd deck for a while.

but i think i'd go down the cdj route for the ease of use and what not. i've been lookin at second hand pioneer cdj-800s. they're going on ebay for around £280 with postage, which seems reasonable.

and i woulda treated myself for xmas, only problem being i had to spend £250 on a new clutch for my motor today :cry:

savage.

I wouldn't have it any other way! I'd be twiddling my thumbs between mixes without the 3rd one.

Shameless self plug

Dexcell - None Of That Sand Weed Shit
>> Subfocus - Frozen Solid
Current Value - ???
Commix - Electric
Polygon - Space Frog
State Of Mind & Chris SU - Deeper
Dexcell - Coral Scape
Pendulum - Still Grey
Sonic - Saigon Traffic
>>Friction & Ktee - Overtime
Logistics - Colourwheel
>>BC:UK - True Romance
Pendulum - Spiral
>>Total Science - Squash (Gridlok RMX)
Culprate - Brain-Damage
>>Skream - Midnight Request Line (Zinc RMX)
Subfocus - Druggy
>>D Kay & Lee - Wax’d
Noisia - Façade
Current Value - ???
Culprate & Dexcell - Co-Op Mode
>>Hazard - 0121
>>Chase & Status - Loader
Mutated Forms - Waiting For It
Taxman - Electric Blue
Elizabeth Troy - Past Love (Dexcell RMX)
>> Shimon & Andy C - Recharge
>> Swabe & Lean - Skinflint
Commix - Broken Man
>> Subfocus - X Ray
Dexcell - Chill Pills
Dexcell - Demon Spawn
>> Fresh - Foreigner
Calibre - True Stories
Hive, Gridlok, D Bridge, Break & Silent Witness - Standing Room Only
Polygon - Questions
>> Commix - Talk 2 Frank
>> Shimon & Andy C - Quest