The return of Spor?

Some 5 to 6 out of 10. Couple of bangers and nice tunes, but definitely nothing outstanding and not a legendary album I was hoping for. That being said I was really worried it's gonna turn out much worse, so in the end I'm actually not that dissapointed. Would have been better to put out an EP though, Full Colour/Coconut/Blueroom/Empire (or Strange Heart) would have done the job :)

That would be catastrophic for the business. Any mastering house that did that would lose a lot of clients, and probably also be sued.

When it comes to live recordings, sure. But that's only gonna result in clips, and sound quality isn't that great (considering that DJs usually run their meters red even if that sounds utter shit).
bad for business for sure, but only if they can prove where it was leaked from. Seems so many times when things like this happen the artist or label has no idea how it got leaked.... just shows how many hands it goes through. sure they've got "suspects" of were they think it might have got leaked from, but usually don't know for sure.

If your that big of an artist, it's good to "water mark" your tunes. Change something small, like a crash sample or stab or the volume of one of those. Have a few different versions that are basically exactly the same except for some small bit unnoticeable to anyone but you. Then when your giving them to lables, DJ's, and mastering houses you remember what you send were..... if it gets leaked, then you'll know the source.

bad for business for sure

That's the best bit yet. He's giving his album away for free on bittorrent.. how's that for business? come on what does that have an impact?? iTunes people will buy it on iTunes. Beatport on Beatport. Pirates will download it. Nobody gives a fuck. Love how everyone jizzes Spor for the oh so generous giveaway on bittorrent, I would do the same if I'd get 5-10k£ each show I do, no problem!
If anything this will give the impression that smaller artists should give away the music too and guess what they don't have the gigs!

I don't get this... Either you don't give a shit and just want it to spread as much as possible (that's the usual intention when you release something on torrent network / for free) or you ain't and try to make money of it but complaining on a leak just 2 weeks before the album drops when you gonna release it to all pirates for free anyway :uberlaugh

Safe to say Spor won (or lost?) the race against City Lights and the Andy C documentary. And that against all odds, if you ask me. Who would have thought Spor bringing out an album with >10 tracks would happen sooner than the release of a single tune which has already been sent out to some people? :)

Just got the album. Some solid tunes on there, was a good listen from start to finish. Glad to see Full Colour finally seeing the light of day, even though those ghost snares have changed slightly! Always Right Never Left is absolute fiyahhh! :gun:

I think I only like Full Colour, although it has some unnecessary samples in there and overall sounds mixed differently than the clip from 2010. The rest doesn't even touch the quality of Conquerors & Commoners EP, Falling Through, Out Of Focus, etc. Can't say it wasn't to be expected after the last Lifted release though.

Honestly, Im bit dissapointed...Its not bad, but I was expecting more. There is no tune that would make me jump like crazy how his old tunes do :(

FInally Full Colour and Coconut, I was so afraid that he skipped them for some experimental bits or something but thank fuck. Don't like the new samples and mixdown in Full Colour as much as the old one, but it might be because I have to get used to it, who knows. Sounds like there are some other great bits on there too, but not overwhelmed either. Did not have that high expectations though overall, was just happy that he go the two before-mentioned tunes on the album.

You can always rely on Clayton....

2vtuvq9.jpg

me niether ill get round to it at some point but not really into that sound these days, the review arnt to great anyhow

Back
Top Bottom