The return of Spor?

It wasn't intended to be a response as to why one is better than the other, merely pointing out the fact

My bad. The second part of my response was agreeing with you. The first part of my response was questioning the other guy in the same way you did!

Badly thought out on my part.

What's wrong with label bosses headlining their own night? Andy C / Hype / London Elek I swear are usually their nights headliners?

Yeh the into is fucking amazing, so epic. Wish it was a full song but at the same time love how it leaves you wanting more.

The standouts for me are Blueroom, Always Right Never Left, Full Colour, Coconut. They are so fun to mix, so weighty!!!

It was always going to be difficult for this album to live up to the hype and anticipation.
I have to say I wasn't overly convinced on the first couple of listens, but this album grows on you.
As per usual with Spor, drum sound is amazing.

there's lots of stuff in there!

spor_album.jpg

To be honest it just seemed like he dumped some shit into a folder and shared it. I can't imagine anyone being that keen on all those images, and there's no explanation of what the other tunes (that aren't even by Spor) are for. There's no naming structure, no organisation, it just seems quite amateur for what is essentially an album launch.

From first listen, there's a few good tunes on there and a couple I'm really not into. I think the scene has caught up with him now after he used to have a quite a groundbreaking sound a few years back, so nothing really sounds that original when you've listened to what other producers have been releasing recently. Still, not a bad album — it's just the release doesn't seem all too well planned.

...and there's no explanation of what the other tunes (that aren't even by Spor) are for.

They are promotional. Zeros, Tinlicker, Tjani and Proxy are all artists signed to Sotto Voce; so their songs being included are sort of free samplers for his label.
Also on there is Least of Creatures, who is not only an artist on Sotto Voce, but he is the other half of Spor's OTHER side project, Seventh Stitch.

It must be because it's the free version still not even got 1% of the download

Don't know what client you're using to download (you don't need to use BitTorrent — I didn't) but on μTorrent, sometimes stopping and starting the download gives you a better speed because it connects you to different people with a more open transfer speed. You're probably stuck transferring from stingey people that have set their upload rate to 0.1kbps or something.

Don't know what client you're using to download (you don't need to use BitTorrent — I didn't) but on μTorrent, sometimes stopping and starting the download gives you a better speed because it connects you to different people with a more open transfer speed. You're probably stuck transferring from stingey people that have set their upload rate to 0.1kbps or something.

I'm new to this BitTorrent thing I have utorrent just want to listen till the physical release comes out will give that a go later

Back
Top Bottom