6. Shaddows - Dreamstep
  7. ABLE - Uncertain
  8. Posij & Not Yes - Linchpin
  9. Vektah - Rotation Heavy
  10. Relict - Mystique
  11. GLM - Hittaz
  12. Evolved - Heat
  13. Theoretical - Rhythm Choke
I was quite excited when I saw this and the names on it. Don't get me wrong, it's good for what it is, but it's not dnb at all.

Machinedrum - 3 for 82 (Ninja Tune, around 24th May)

Very vocal driven

Oracle (Feat. Aja Monet)
Respek (Feat. Topaz Jones & Ezri)
Weary (Feat. Mick Jenkins & Jesse Boykins Iii)
H0n3y
Heal (Feat. Akthesavior & Deniro Farrar)
Ilikeu (Feat. Duckwrth)
U_want (Feat. Kucka)
Blessd (Feat. Deem Spencer)
Rise (Feat. Rozet)
Zoom (Feat. Tinashe)
Kill_u (Feat. Tanerélle)
Godown (Feat. Jesse Boykins Iii)

Loxy & Ink LP, will probably be 2025 seeing as the LP with Resound has been talked about for almost a year 🤔
Screenshot_20240318_145626.jpg

I’ve found that the artist has the option to release the album on digital once the vinyl has sold out, but it’s at the artist’s discretion. Big Bud, for example, has digitals for all his Okbron releases on his Bandcamp, but Aural Imbalance says he won’t release his digitally.

ok, this gives a little bit of hope and maybe i should contact bungle and ask him, if he's willing to release his long distance lp on digital once the vinyl has sold out. i would bag a copy immediately in order to speed up the process, even tho it's not without a certain irony to start buying vinyl again after having sold almost my entire collection based on the assumption that the future is digital, whether i like it or not. lol

maybe we'll get lucky - and if not:

Screenshot_20240415-162209~2.png

😉

ok, this gives a little bit of hope and maybe i should contact bungle and ask him, if he's willing to release his long distance lp on digital once the vinyl has sold out. i would bag a copy immediately in order to speed up the process, even tho it's not without a certain irony to start buying vinyl again after having sold almost my entire collection based on the assumption that the future is digital, whether i like it or not. lol

maybe we'll get lucky - and if not:

View attachment 10787

😉
I stopped collecting vinyl myself a few years ago. Just lost interest in it among life changed. I don’t really understand the whole “vinyl only” thing in 2024.

(that said I did just buy a couple of the new batch of Spatial vinyl because Void Vinyl started taking Bitcoin and I had about $100 of it lying around doing nothing, but that was a one-off)

I stopped collecting vinyl myself a few years ago. Just lost interest in it among life changed. I don’t really understand the whole “vinyl only” thing in 2024.

(that said I did just buy a couple of the new batch of Spatial vinyl because Void Vinyl started taking Bitcoin and I had about $100 of it lying around doing nothing, but that was a one-off)

everything has its pros and cons and i wouldn't describe myself as a proponent of the "vinyl only" thing, but i have to admit that playing vinyl made me happy while the digital way does not. and it's not only about the use of vinyl, the feeling, but also did i love everything related to it, like spending a long afternoon in the record store meeting people and hunting for whatever, or something i was looking for a long time. now i'm sitting in my chair downloading whatever i like within seconds and for little money and it mostly feels like: "cool, nice to have it". which is not much in direct comparison. i can see the advantages, but yeah...the thrill has gone.
or let me cite charles kingsley at this point.

"we act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about."

ps: perfect choice with spatial imho. the "infinity spectrum" cover art is out of this planet.

everything has its pros and cons and i wouldn't describe myself as a proponent of the "vinyl only" thing, but i have to admit that playing vinyl made me happy while the digital way does not. and it's not only about the use of vinyl, the feeling, but also did i love everything related to it, like spending a long afternoon in the record store meeting people and hunting for whatever, or something i was looking for a long time. now i'm sitting in my chair downloading whatever i like within seconds and for little money and it mostly feels like: "cool, nice to have it". which is not much in direct comparison. i can see the advantages, but yeah...the thrill has gone.
or let me cite charles kingsley at this point.

"we act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about."

ps: perfect choice with spatial imho. the "infinity spectrum" cover art is out of this planet.
I never had that with vinyl, only CDs. To me vinyl was, at least for awhile, a necessity to get music that I couldn’t hear otherwise. I collected it for awhile but my heart was never in it.

I never had that with vinyl, only CDs. To me vinyl was, at least for awhile, a necessity to get music that I couldn’t hear otherwise. I collected it for awhile but my heart was never in it.

yes, love cd's, too. 12-years-old me started mixing house and some 80s funk with my mate's turntables back in '94 , but as i was into gabber and owned around 100 cd's (and therefore thousands of gabber tracks) i used my money given to me as a confirmation present to buy myself a mixer and a denon dn-2000f mkII in '96. kind of a means to an end (since i loved spinning vinyl), but i was still happy with it. to me it's a huge difference between searching for/finding a cd in a store and simply downloading a mp3 file. so yeah, those were good times, but nevertheless i bought my own turntables four years later and started collecting vinyl, which was a even greater love story. but there're no happy ends at stories like this and i have to blame myself. sold my turntables, sold my records, and a life without a digitally released long distance lp is theoretically possible but pointless. 😄
just kidding, i'll get over it. soon. or maybe i should just buy the lp and digitize it myself. already thought about it when nuage's remix of bop's "space to breathe" came out as vinyl exclusive. such a tune.

yes, love cd's, too. 12-years-old me started mixing house and some 80s funk with my mate's turntables back in '94 , but as i was into gabber and owned around 100 cd's (and therefore thousands of gabber tracks) i used my money given to me as a confirmation present to buy myself a mixer and a denon dn-2000f mkII in '96. kind of a means to an end (since i loved spinning vinyl), but i was still happy with it. to me it's a huge difference between searching for/finding a cd in a store and simply downloading a mp3 file. so yeah, those were good times, but nevertheless i bought my own turntables four years later and started collecting vinyl, which was a even greater love story. but there're no happy ends at stories like this and i have to blame myself. sold my turntables, sold my records, and a life without a digitally released long distance lp is theoretically possible but pointless. 😄
just kidding, i'll get over it. soon. or maybe i should just buy the lp and digitize it myself. already thought about it when nuage's remix of bop's "space to breathe" came out as vinyl exclusive. such a tune.

That’s a shame. Vinyl exclusivity is asinine in 2024.

The other day my wife asked why I even buy music at all instead of stream it like she does. But that’s a whole other discussion.

Back
Top Bottom