Pendulum talk about forum critics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I can say is they've burned unnecessary bridges between some of their fans. Regardless of where that comment was pointed at, they should have ignored the internet, not responded to any of the "hatemail" and did their shit. If people can't grasp the idea of change - themselves - fuck em, and there are those few that won't get what they (Pendulum) said and ultimately hate them for it. I like Pendulum. Their single "Vault" was the song that got me back into DnB.

All I can advise of them (or to anyone) is never to burn bridges, which is what they most undoubtedly did with a portion of their fans.

Regardless of where that comment was pointed at, they should have ignored the internet, not responded to any of the "hatemail" and did their shit.

fair point! they seem to be acting like the only people who recieve hatemail, which isn't true... most famous people must get some sort of hatemail and abuse, but do you see them fighting back to possibly loose a percentage of fans?

they've lost me thats for sure...

I'm gonna reserve decision on this one until I hear the new album. Gonna try and give it a fair, objective listen, removed from all this politic.

...And I know you all know that Pendulum prolly look at some of the 100s of pages of threads like these and think get an f-in life.

they been touring and spending all that time in the studio, too bizzy to notice wether the genres alive or not but still got time to pay attention to what people post about them on online forums. i would spend less time online if it gets them down that much.

everyone fusses over pendulum so much, far much more than they're worth, personally i don't really regard them as drum'n'bass, just fast rock, a lot of their tunes sound like a kinda mish-mash rock with a keyboard, i guess thats why they're so accessible, because they use a sound that most people are already accustomed to, making them easier to like, but to me, they just aren't drum'n'bass.

however, i do think its good that they've kept their identity and are still producing the same cheesey rock'n'bass that they started off doing, i'd have less respect for them if they had changed for the critics. critics are just assholes anyway ;)

Yeah, I cant lie, I have bought a tune or two of theirs. I've been to one of there shows as well. Am I crazy about them and think they are the cats ass.. not really. Do I play their tunes every time I play a set.. nope. They're just another brick in the wall. They had there time and they've done their thing.. Let it rest.. I dont really care.. If Klute can make minmal and Futurebound and Matrix can make house, let Pendulum make what ever the fuck they want to..
It seems that some Heads are musical snobs... If it ain't hip-hop or dubstep.. Or DnB then its rubbish.. A heap of shit
Drum&Bass needs something new again... But its not going to come from Pendulum I think... But WTF do I know??

going to c them a week on saturday. given the choice there is about a hundred dj's i would rather c, but beggers cant b choosers (without traveling i get a dnb night every 2 months, which means a lot of traveling lol).

just to show how big pendulum have come outside of dnb though...when g dub and eksman came down there was about 20 people in the club (and most of them were in a diferent room) and the last 2 times pendulum have come down, you can barely move

Pendulum is drum n bass for the wannabe's (that said they have made some pretty sik tunes)

i can't claim to be an expert on pendulum but the tracks i have heard i just don't like the SOUNDS they're using. Fair play they're doing what they want which is fine but it's a bit annoying that what they are knocking out is what introduces a lot of people to drum and bass when there's so much better stuff out there. It's still a bit of a mystery to me why they're so big considering that the last three major crossovers between d and b and chart music were loved by the underground AND the mainstream alike. I'm talking of course of Roni size and represent, Goldie and SS.

Last edited:
how many people first got into drum and bass by listening to pendulum?? or at some point enjoyed listening to pendulum...i think after a while it just becomes to simliar and u realise how much better dnb there is out there

how many people first got into drum and bass by listening to pendulum?? or at some point enjoyed listening to pendulum...i think after a while it just becomes to simliar and u realise how much better dnb there is out there

i got into dnb cos of dillinja but i have to say i do enjoy the vault! that tunes sick!:rinsed:

and wot is brian g doin now? fair enuff hes a legend and i'm sure he's still out there but he's not a name every1 mentions thesedays

y has fresh sold out by seeing to their demands?

i dont care that which label they signed to they jus seemed to want to shit all over BBK in the process

and goldie pisses me off any way, i got a message from metalheadz on facebook tellin me about thier nite and it was the only place where you won't hear that weeks top ten dnb tunes.

no hurt you
no mr happy
no lighter
no if we ever
no harder
and no1 this week is disco dodo, so none of that either

fair enuff u can do a set without these tunes but i wud be dissapointed if i went out and didnt hear any of these, well except disco dodo

WHY ON EARTH WOULD U WANT TO GO OUT AND HERE THE TOP TEN D'N'B TUNES OF THE MOMENT???? (unless its a killah!)

how boring, it does my head in when u go out to a big night every dj plays more or less the same bloody set, then u go to a rave a week later, here the same fukin sets again... its like the top ten tunes will stay with us and be rinsed untill we all hate them(and more than likely not get realeased on vinyl until a year later :( can u believe logistic rmx of the burrial just came out.. i wanted it like a year maybe 2years ago, but i jus don't care ne more and im not buying out of princaple lol )

i wish dj's would refriane from playing the top 10 tunes of the mnth... its so boring and souless, im sure it pisses them off, they must hear the same set 10 times a night everynight for a month. And usually the tunes that seem to make the top ten list r crap that sound like they were produced by a 5 year old.... clownstep stylee squeeky squeeky... grrr

pendulum r ghaaaaaaaaaaay their music is soo overproduced how many squeeky sinthy noises can they fit in one tune!!!?? i think its for ppl who like rock music not d'n'b, or ppl who arnt their because they love music they just like takin pukka's and goin nuts because clubbin and takin drugs is "cool" and "underground"...(u know the kind of ppl im talkin about!!)

im glad pendulum said what they said that makes me think their even bigger wankers...
If they were such great producers they would be able to produce tunage that ppl within the scene love, and outside of it ..... shy fx managed to pull it off once or twice!
who gives a fuck what ppl outside of the scene think about its music! its our music we love it, fuck everyone else, the only reason i could think that ppl would want to go commercial would be for more money and that is selling out, does anyone have any integritty theese days!! what ever happend to the labour of love...

Not saying that ive never liked a pendulum tune theirs about 3 i could say i do actually like and would brock owwt 2, but they r shit and most of the time if one of their tunes gets dropped i stop dancing lol

okay now i have definatly chatted bare loadz, i do apolagise with the ramblings and what not lol

Ezee x x x

i never liked 'em anyway. they just seemed to make drum and bass to the lowest common demoninator. doesn't do it for me i'm afraid, except trial by sevens, i quite liked that one.

i'm afraid it was roni size - 26 bass that got me into dnb
i appreciate pendulum to an extent, they have released good tunes but i've been told that granite is getting a fair bit of airtime on radio 1 (dont listen my self) and imo that isnt a good thing for dnb
i'd much rather they were playin hurt you or sum high contrast stuff as it's unrealistic that they are gonna be playin the latest hazard dubs on primetime

well not till dnb takes over the world
:jackson:

And usually the tunes that seem to make the top ten list r crap that sound like they were produced by a 5 year old.... clownstep stylee squeeky squeeky... grrr

clown step????
sorry but we dont all jus want a singalong to the music
:ipfft@u:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom