Machete VIP [all machete discussion in here. New threads will result in a ban]

Re: Machete VIP

I did say that if someone was going to talk to me like some kind of dick that I could go that route too, and so I did.

After working at various shops around the London area, from helping out at Unity back in the days, to working at Choci's Choons, to running the D&B department at Vinyl Frontier, to then being asked to take over from DJ Lee at Record Basement to then working for Vinyl Distribution from 1995-2000.

I then helped Basement Phil set up Nu Urban back in late 2000 where I am all the labels first point of call for all the label needs and concerns, I am also head of A&R.

Infact me and Milan BSE shared my hotel room two years ago in Miami for the WMC, where we hung around for the duration. We also went over to Amsterdam last year to see the boys play. If they ever come to the Uk we try and hook up, not as much as I would like to be fair but we are both very busy.

You can ask Pascal, Hype, Bukem, Swift, Clipz, D Minds, TC, Red One, infact anyone who has a label with us just what I do for them, but of course i wouldn't want to be 'rumbled'....

this is priceless. people trying to flame someone, and failing miserably, lol. and at tera, you've clearly done alot of work in the scene. big up

I did say that if someone was going to talk to me like some kind of dick that I could go that route too, and so I did.

After working at various shops around the London area, from helping out at Unity back in the days, to working at Choci's Choons, to running the D&B department at Vinyl Frontier, to then being asked to take over from DJ Lee at Record Basement to then working for Vinyl Distribution from 1995-2000.

I then helped Basement Phil set up Nu Urban back in late 2000 where I am all the labels first point of call for all the label needs and concerns, I am also head of A&R.

Infact me and Milan BSE shared my hotel room two years ago in Miami for the WMC, where we hung around for the duration. We also went over to Amsterdam last year to see the boys play. If they ever come to the Uk we try and hook up, not as much as I would like to be fair but we are both very busy.

You can ask Pascal, Hype, Bukem, Swift, Clipz, D Minds, TC, Red One, infact anyone who has a label with us just what I do for them, but of course i wouldn't want to be 'rumbled'....

You only sound like a dick because of the names your droppin, it doesnt matter who you know, or what you've done... that has nothing to do with the post you were replying to in the first place... I could tell you that I'm best mates with Andy C and I helped him set up Ram records when I was like 5 it'd be bullshit but even if it was true it wouldnt make my statements about drum and bass producers facts.

the link dont work for me :( really wanna hear this aswell can sum one wack the set on dnb share or summit please

Hmmm, not sure. It's getting quite a bit of play but i want to do another mix. I was never 100% happy with that one, I want it to sound 'bigger' - if that makes sense.

The next thing out will be our remix of Top Cat's 'Bunn The Sensi' which was promoed this week.

Then we have 'Mash You Down' which will probably be released with 'Sarah's Song' on the flip.

We have also just finished our remix of 'Code Red' for Rebel MC's Congo Natty label, which isn't up on our myspace page yet but audio can be found on Hype's last two Kiss shows.

There is also a Jump Up tune called 'Get The Fuck Back' which should be on the forthcoming album from Majistrate & Nicol's NAM label.

And lastly there is a track called 'Live From Studio 1' which a big label has asked to sign, it's alot darker than usual - on a deep, dubby tip.

I will try and get audio up on the msypace page next week or so mate...

Whats ya myspace plz bruv?

Easy Tera. Should have that James Brown remix over to you soon mate. Hope you are cool.

haha! What a funny thread. Machete VIPs alright. Would prob still make me go mental in the club! Grand!

You only sound like a dick because of the names your droppin, it doesnt matter who you know, or what you've done... that has nothing to do with the post you were replying to in the first place... I could tell you that I'm best mates with Andy C and I helped him set up Ram records when I was like 5 it'd be bullshit but even if it was true it wouldnt make my statements about drum and bass producers facts.

No the only reason I sound like a dick is, as i pointed out, it seems to be the only thing you understand so I chose to be a dick back to you.
I did say apology accepted but you obviously now want to carry on, so let me see if I can put it to bed for you:

I came into this thread, gave my opinion on a tune, within minutes you told me that I "have no idea what you are talking about" and that even if it was just my opnion that my "right to have an opinion should be taken away, after a comment like that...". My job has nothing to do with me trying to validate my opnions, I suspect you saw a low post count and thought you would give it the billy big bollocks, which is absolutely the only reason i continued to post anything at all.

For whoever said that this thread stinks of egos, it has absolutely nothing to do with that, you can ask anyone that knows me and you will find that I am about the most down to earth and un-egotistical person you could meet, ive done this for nearly 20 years now and I certaintly don't see it as anything to boast about. But they would also tell you that i'm not the type of person to sit back and let someone try and mug me off - online or in real life. I don't give a fuck.

As for the link, it should just be a case of clicking it and opening / saving it. It still works for me.

As for the comments on our tunes, thank you - it really means alot to me, especially with so much amazing music being made at the moment.

Sooooo, on that note I think i will toddle off now.....before I get "rumbled".

if it really didn't matter to why have you come back...?

and anyway u started off by saying it's not a VIP, it's jus for him to play out...

so wot is a retouched/mixed version of a tune made exclusively for the DJ/producer to play out called?

diz intanet iz zeriouz biznuss!!! :antitank:

if it really didn't matter to why have you come back...?

and anyway u started off by saying it's not a VIP, it's jus for him to play out...

so wot is a retouched/mixed version of a tune made exclusively for the DJ/producer to play out called?

diz intanet iz zeriouz biznuss!!! :antitank:

I didn't say it didn't matter.

Also nowhere did I say "it's not a vip" either, I said "It's only a VIP for him to play out" meaning that it isn't destined for general release.

Back
Top Bottom