Machete VIP [all machete discussion in here. New threads will result in a ban]

Re: Machete VIP

You can stick clipz's name in there aswell

That's good cos i also look after Clipz' label, and TC - i actually signed and released his first tune, with thanks to SDM on here actually. I continue to look after those artists that you like to this day, so to even suggest that my opinion on Drum & Bass should be 'taken away' is almost laughable.

Mate, you're sounding like a bit of a dick.

So if you want to go down that route I can be just as much of a dick:

Hazard is easily in the top 3 Jump Up producers at the moment and has been for quite a while.

I would also hasten a guess that i know FAR more about what im talking about that you will ever know.

If you think Hazard's prodcution isn't top notch then you either don't know alot about production or you are just arguing for the sake of it.

And don't assume im some little 19 year old kid, im 34 have been into the scene since before it was even called Hardcore. I have produced quite a few Liquid, Jungle and Drum & Bass tracks myself, so I do know a bit about production.

I have worked in some of the biggest record shops in the country and i also manage over 150 labels in the scene.
I have helped break and signed more new artists than you could even name and I continue to push new labels as well as the more established names.

Name any big label from the past 15 years and I will have had some kind of input.
I look after people from as diverse as Clipz to Bukem, Hazard to Black Sun Empire, Swift & Blame to Die to name literally a few.

I can also guaruntee you that my record collection is probably 100 times bigger and more diverse than yours.

So i think i my opinion is just as valid as anyones on here and im certaintly not going to have some jumped up little 22 year old bell end telling me otherwise....

lol, it wasnt meant to offend you, which I obviously have... It was a bit of banter, but I still stand by words hazard's music these days is utter shite... I'm sorry I dont even need to hear his new releases to tell you what they sound like, every song he churns out is so similar to the last... But then again at the miniute you can say the same about most of the jump up producers at the miniute, and dont think I'm one of these people that hates jump up just for the sake of it... Jump up is the stuff that got me into dnb, but how can you say hazards weakest tunes are better than most producers... I'd understand if you said it about artists like chase and status, subfocus, highcontrast, etc, etc, but hazard imo you couldnt be more wrong...

That's good cos i also look after Clipz' label, and TC - i actually signed and released his first tune, with thanks to SDM on here actually. I continue to look after those artists that you like to this day, so to even suggest that my opinion on Drum & Bass should be 'taken away' is almost laughable.

was that jamaica st or sumat?

It was a joke get over it! FFS

theres no denying pendulum are good producers they just sold their ass's for cheesy pop fame, hazard isalmost verging on punk compared to tc and pendulum.

but i suppose if thats ur bag whatever, lets agree but i still think that you rate cartoon dnb if tc and pendulum are above hazard on ur list.:rinsed:

I dont rate Tc, or Pendulum very high... But I'm just using them to state my opinion on hazard atm... Dont get me wrong he's made some good tunes in the past but his new stuff is terrible imo.

whens the worries remix out????

Hmmm, not sure. It's getting quite a bit of play but i want to do another mix. I was never 100% happy with that one, I want it to sound 'bigger' - if that makes sense.

The next thing out will be our remix of Top Cat's 'Bunn The Sensi' which was promoed this week.

Then we have 'Mash You Down' which will probably be released with 'Sarah's Song' on the flip.

We have also just finished our remix of 'Code Red' for Rebel MC's Congo Natty label, which isn't up on our myspace page yet but audio can be found on Hype's last two Kiss shows.

There is also a Jump Up tune called 'Get The Fuck Back' which should be on the forthcoming album from Majistrate & Nicol's NAM label.

And lastly there is a track called 'Live From Studio 1' which a big label has asked to sign, it's alot darker than usual - on a deep, dubby tip.

I will try and get audio up on the msypace page next week or so mate...

Hmmm, not sure. It's getting quite a bit of play but i want to do another mix. I was never 100% happy with that one, I want it to sound 'bigger' - if that makes sense.

The next thing out will be our remix of Top Cat's 'Bunn The Sensi' which was promoed this week.

Then we have 'Mash You Down' which will probably be released with 'Sarah's Song' on the flip.

We have also just finished our remix of 'Code Red' for Rebel MC's Congo Natty label, which isn't up on our myspace page yet but audio can be found on Hype's last two Kiss shows.

There is also a Jump Up tune called 'Get The Fuck Back' which should be on the forthcoming album from Majistrate & Nicol's NAM label.

And lastly there is a track called 'Live From Studio 1' which a big label has asked to sign, it's alot darker than usual - on a deep, dubby tip.

I will try and get audio up on the msypace page next week or so mate...
nice 1 man,

aint heard the code red mix but im sure you'll do it justice,"you'd better" haha, classic tune,

peace.

can we have some audio for machete vip please.

You can hardly hear it cos of the fucking MC but...

http://dnbmix.ru/upload/Hazard-live_at_WODNB_The_Big_One_fm.mp3

DJ Hazard - Machete VIP
Taxman - Evasion (Taxman Remix)
??? - ???
D Minds - ???
Taxman - Original Ninja
Original Sin - Who The Hell Are You
Heist - Sleep In Ya Eyes
Original Sin - Dont Be Silly
PA - Para People
Orignal Sin - Decibel
Taxman - And Heist - Frequency
Crystal Clear - Cold Blooded
Interface - Typhoo Chronic
DJ Hazard And D Minds - Ho Bass
DJ Hazard - Meat Bubbles
DJ Hazard - Killers Dont Die
Original Sin And Taxman - Seen
DJ Sly - Candy Man
Heist - Spiders Ville
DJ Hazard - Fools
Heist - Barney Rubal
??? - ???
DJ Hazard - Big Cat
Roni Size - Freinds (Original Sin Remix)
DJ Pleasure - Massacre
Eddie K - Planet Terror
Original Sin - ???
DJ Pleasure - Flesh Eaters
DJ Hazard - Untitled
DJ Pleausre - The Dagger
DJ Hazard - 0121 VIP
DJ Hazard - 2 For 1

You can hardly hear it cos of the fucking MC but...

http://dnbmix.ru/upload/Hazard-live_at_WODNB_The_Big_One_fm.mp3

DJ Hazard - Machete VIP
Taxman - Evasion (Taxman Remix)
??? - ???
D Minds - ???
Taxman - Original Ninja
Original Sin - Who The Hell Are You
Heist - Sleep In Ya Eyes
Original Sin - Dont Be Silly
PA - Para People
Orignal Sin - Decibel
Taxman - And Heist - Frequency
Crystal Clear - Cold Blooded
Interface - Typhoo Chronic
DJ Hazard And D Minds - Ho Bass
DJ Hazard - Meat Bubbles
DJ Hazard - Killers Dont Die
Original Sin And Taxman - Seen
DJ Sly - Candy Man
Heist - Spiders Ville
DJ Hazard - Fools
Heist - Barney Rubal
??? - ???
DJ Hazard - Big Cat
Roni Size - Freinds (Original Sin Remix)
DJ Pleasure - Massacre
Eddie K - Planet Terror
Original Sin - ???
DJ Pleasure - Flesh Eaters
DJ Hazard - Untitled
DJ Pleausre - The Dagger
DJ Hazard - 0121 VIP
DJ Hazard - 2 For 1

cheers bro

Mate, you're sounding like a bit of a dick.

So if you want to go down that route I can be just as much of a dick:

Hazard is easily in the top 3 Jump Up producers at the moment and has been for quite a while.

I would also hasten a guess that i know FAR more about what im talking about that you will ever know.

If you think Hazard's prodcution isn't top notch then you either don't know alot about production or you are just arguing for the sake of it.

And don't assume im some little 19 year old kid, im 34 have been into the scene since before it was even called Hardcore. I have produced quite a few Liquid, Jungle and Drum & Bass tracks myself, so I do know a bit about production.

I have worked in some of the biggest record shops in the country and i also manage over 150 labels in the scene.
I have helped break and signed more new artists than you could even name and I continue to push new labels as well as the more established names.

Name any big label from the past 15 years and I will have had some kind of input.
I look after people from as diverse as Clipz to Bukem, Hazard to Black Sun Empire, Swift & Blame to Die to name literally a few.

I can also guaruntee you that my record collection is probably 100 times bigger and more diverse than yours.

So i think i my opinion is just as valid as anyones on here and im certaintly not going to have some jumped up little 22 year old bell end telling me otherwise....

hahah.. this is pretty damn funny!

"i manage 150 labels in the scene"??.... hmmmm.. ive never heard of you bro. im pretty sure i would do if you really did manage 150 labels..... i dont consider myself a guru.... but ive been in the scene for nearly 10 years now..... and can safely say ive probably met all the peeps who keep this scene going at some point over the last decade...... as for looking after people...... im pretty sure.. in fact 100% know that you dont "look after" Black Sun Empire. Two names... ESP and Circle.... both are management teams, who i know personally and who also "look after" Black Sun Empire.

A person who looks after 150 labels wouldnt be replying with a reply of that sort either.... anyway... just remember mate..... before you go off making more wild claims..... there will always be someone to rumble you bro.....

anyway... go take a cold bath and chill out bro.....

This post you are going to look back on in a few years and think its a load of bollocks...

"i manage 150 labels in the scene"??.... hmmmm.. ive never heard of you bro. im pretty sure i would do if you really did manage 150 labels..... i dont consider myself a guru.... but ive been in the scene for nearly 10 years now..... and can safely say ive probably met all the peeps who keep this scene going at some point over the last decade...... as for looking after people...... im pretty sure.. in fact 100% know that you dont "look after" Black Sun Empire. Two names... ESP and Circle.... both are management teams, who i know personally and who also "look after" Black Sun Empire.

A person who looks after 150 labels wouldnt be replying with a reply of that sort either.... anyway... just remember mate..... before you go off making more wild claims..... there will always be someone to rumble you bro.....

This post you are going to look back on in a few years and think its a load of bollocks...

LMAO!!!! I am the label manager and head of A&R for Nu Urban Music. I deal with all the label management issues at NUM from helping labels decide what tracks should be released, sending off the masters, helping sort out the artwork, checking the test presses, getting the promo ordered and then into the shops and then finally sorting out a release date for the final product.

ESP and Circle may sort out their DJing schedules but I deal direct with Milan and the boys for their label issues.

Yove been told bruv lol

I did say that if someone was going to talk to me like some kind of dick that I could go that route too, and so I did.

After working at various shops around the London area, from helping out at Unity back in the days, to working at Choci's Choons, to running the D&B department at Vinyl Frontier, to then being asked to take over from DJ Lee at Record Basement to then working for Vinyl Distribution from 1995-2000.

I then helped Basement Phil set up Nu Urban back in late 2000 where I am all the labels first point of call for all the label needs and concerns, I am also head of A&R.

Infact me and Milan BSE shared my hotel room two years ago in Miami for the WMC, where we hung around for the duration. We also went over to Amsterdam last year to see the boys play. If they ever come to the Uk we try and hook up, not as much as I would like to be fair but we are both very busy.

You can ask Pascal, Hype, Bukem, Swift, Clipz, D Minds, TC, Red One, infact anyone who has a label with us just what I do for them, but of course i wouldn't want to be 'rumbled'....

Back
Top Bottom