Your Latest Vinyl Purchaces....

hey man can you tell me how this record sounds? want to get it, but that last Break remix on Fokuz was pressed so quietly I can't play it out :(

Havent had a chance to play it on a proper system yet. But I put the Soligen / Type 2 / Vandera tune into a rough mix i've burned, will peep it in the car and let ya know how it sounds!

hey man can you tell me how this record sounds? want to get it, but that last Break remix on Fokuz was pressed so quietly I can't play it out :(

correct me if i'm mistaken, but can't you just use the gain knob on your mixer to crank it up a bit? that's what it's for.

correct me if i'm mistaken, but can't you just use the gain knob on your mixer to crank it up a bit? that's what it's for.
you are mistaken

I have been through this stuff a bit in other threads in great detail (will just touch on it here) - its not just the volume, but its the flatness and quality of the sound that doesn't get fixed by just upping the gains and EQing the shit out of the tune. No matter what you do, as soon as one of these pressings gets dropped it loses all the impact of the mix and falls flat. Its a crap feeling, so would rather not deal with it.

Also, they are supposed to EQ and press records to sound good at a decent volume, and have been doing it for years and years. I am not sure why the odd one these days is failing miserably - making buying and playing records an even less desirable hobby in the process.

Well, the Soligen / Type 2 / Vandera side sounded alright in my car. Certainly wouldnt call it unmixable or unplayable. I do think that when I was mixing with it, it felt a little quieter to me, but listening back it didnt sound quiet or out of place in the mix. Actually has some pretty deep bass on this tune, quite interested to hear it on the local system. Will test both sides of the plate and let ya know how it sounds!

Came home on my lunch break to find that orders from Redeye, Sci Wax, and Discogs had arrived. Quite pleased!

Diemantle* - My Thing (Sex Machine) (Gutterfunk - GF014)
Dawn Wall - Longshanks EP (Integral Records (2) - INT031)
Kid Lib - The Garden Of Boodah (Fresh 86 - FRESH86155)
Concealed Identity - Levanter / Calavera (Narratives Music - NARRATIVES 011)
Klax - Critical Presents: Systems 003 (Critical Music - CRITSYS003)
Gremlinz & Adrian Go / Quartz (17) Feat. Nanobyte - Rice Bowl / Tachyon (DSCI4 - DSCI4020)

Dub-One* - Tension Dub (Scientific Wax - SW021)
Various - Extreme Justice Pt. 1 / PSI / Imagination / Seduction (Scientific Wax Retro - SWR007)

Dub Championz - Dubplate Championz Vol One (Dub Championz - DUBCHAMPZ001)
Response - Dopamine EP (Ingredients Records - Recipe047)
CN - The Derelict (WéMè Records, Wil-Ru Records - WeMe313.18, WR057)
The Flashbulb - Red Extensions Of Me (Bohnerwachs Tontraeger - BOWA09CD) [not a vinyl, but was pretty stoked about finally getting a copy of this CD nonetheless.]

Cant wait to get out of the office and go play these things!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my fav tracks by the man. Only thing is I paid £20 for it. I remember being in the record shop an listening to it thinking it was a mint track but that I would never mix it so skipped the chance to buy it for £6. What a pillock.
Shame haha.. paid £15 for mine

Back
Top Bottom