Xone DB2 - Advice

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Kaveman., Feb 15, 2013.

1. Kaveman.

Kaveman. New Member

Alright people, just wondering if anyone's used this mixer extensively and could point me in the right direction.

My mates got a DB4 so i'm familiar with the format but is a toss up between this and a 92, the DB2 is 2 to 300 quid cheaper brand new which obviously is tempting..

The main hesitation i'm having is the filters being sat in the middle when inactive, whereas the 92 sits at 0 or 100 depending on which filter is selected (hope that makes sense). Anyone found this a help/hinderence?

Cheers

2. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

Welcome Kaveman to the forum.

Firstly, your friend must be a very wealthy chap! DB4 is no cheap thing!
    Now, from my opinion I thought the DB2/4's real add on's compared to the Xone 92 was the fact you could control visuals and stuff through the mixer? Correct me if I'm wrong.

So on that basis alone I would say most Bedroom DJ's won't need the DB2 or DB4.
    Xone 92 has everything that you need IMO. Dual Filters, 4 band EQ. & you can pick them up relatively cheaply 2nd hand now.

Can't really answer your question on the layout of the filters on the DB2 or DB4 as I haven't seen one first hand, but I think the layout of the filters on the 92 is fairly straightforward and easy to use.

3. freakshow

freakshow Member

hi, iv had an xone 62 for coming on 8 or so years now, and have never had so much as a faulty crossfader, and it's been put through its paces and still works 100% effectively. all i can see is the main difference between mine and the 92 onwards is filters! you get sick of filters after a while, so i'd save a few quid... allen and heath are built to last.

4. Kaveman.

Kaveman. New Member

Cheers for the welcome :) Yeah the DB4 is really nice, he had a 92 beforehand and i was planning to buy it but it came back from the repair centre with a ridiculous bill for a few faders and filter boards so just keeping my options open.. Seems a 2nd hand one maybe a wiser option as the new ones are built in Asia and the quality is supposedly lacking. Used a 62 a few times, never really got into those mixing desk style faders but still felt like a solid unit. Seem to be forever fighting the digital vs analogue battle !