Xone DB2 - Advice

Kaveman.

Alright people, just wondering if anyone's used this mixer extensively and could point me in the right direction.

My mates got a DB4 so i'm familiar with the format but is a toss up between this and a 92, the DB2 is 2 to 300 quid cheaper brand new which obviously is tempting..

The main hesitation i'm having is the filters being sat in the middle when inactive, whereas the 92 sits at 0 or 100 depending on which filter is selected (hope that makes sense). Anyone found this a help/hinderence?

Cheers

My mates got a DB4 so i'm familiar with the format but is a toss up between this and a 92, the DB2 is 2 to 300 quid cheaper brand new which obviously is tempting

Welcome Kaveman to the forum.

Firstly, your friend must be a very wealthy chap! DB4 is no cheap thing!
Now, from my opinion I thought the DB2/4's real add on's compared to the Xone 92 was the fact you could control visuals and stuff through the mixer? Correct me if I'm wrong.

So on that basis alone I would say most Bedroom DJ's won't need the DB2 or DB4.
Xone 92 has everything that you need IMO. Dual Filters, 4 band EQ. & you can pick them up relatively cheaply 2nd hand now.

Can't really answer your question on the layout of the filters on the DB2 or DB4 as I haven't seen one first hand, but I think the layout of the filters on the 92 is fairly straightforward and easy to use.

hi, iv had an xone 62 for coming on 8 or so years now, and have never had so much as a faulty crossfader, and it's been put through its paces and still works 100% effectively. all i can see is the main difference between mine and the 92 onwards is filters! you get sick of filters after a while, so i'd save a few quid... allen and heath are built to last.

Cheers for the welcome :) Yeah the DB4 is really nice, he had a 92 beforehand and i was planning to buy it but it came back from the repair centre with a ridiculous bill for a few faders and filter boards so just keeping my options open.. Seems a 2nd hand one maybe a wiser option as the new ones are built in Asia and the quality is supposedly lacking. Used a 62 a few times, never really got into those mixing desk style faders but still felt like a solid unit. Seem to be forever fighting the digital vs analogue battle !

Back
Top Bottom