Will Vinyl Die Out?

done my research vinyl has been around since the 1890's its never gonna die why would it stop now it didnt stop when cd's come out like someone sed up the page its the feeling of actually having the vinyl in your hand not a little file on ur computer that you havnt really got

it probably will though i really hope not!!

maybe i will be like the people who still use cassette tapes

except tapes had to go!!! they were sh**

fair point no1 wants to got o a rave and see some 1 sittin there ata a laptop

BUT ive heard in dubstep that magnetic man is just 3 people and laptops

fair point no1 wants to got o a rave and see some 1 sittin there ata a laptop

BUT ive heard in dubstep that magnetic man is just 3 people and laptops
It is it was a good nite but not the most entertaining to watch lol

I don't think vinyl will die due to the fact that there are many record collectors in the world.I work with a record dealer and I buy most my Jazz,Blues,and Soul from him.He goes on to tell me that people from all over the world buy from him.Example
he's got this one cat from Japan that comes by our work and
purchases over $2,000-$3,000 in vinyl in one buy.He either then takes it back on his flight or ships it for his own collection or he sells them and makes a killing.

To be honest buying vinyl is like buying a piece of history.
Weather it be promo (your one of the first to have that tune) or full release with art work.Me personally it doesn't matter as long as I have the tune on vinyl.

In the end it really depends how much of a demand there is for it.So I guess it up to us to keep it going.

any hardcore vinylists will buy their own vinyl cutter and make their own. Only 5gs!! Every good home should have one.

Djing will change. Technology and advancement waits for no-one. Vinyls will die out in mainstream djing. Some well respected dj's are making the switch and more will follow. The more that do will slowly change peoples perceptions of what is proper djing is. The 80's gave the world hiphop and scratching, throwing vinyls into a scene of their own. They became cool and a tool to play cool music whilst looking skillful. Scratching is no longer that impressive as we have seen it over and over. We got used to it. Therefore vinyls are just a medium on which to play tunes. Only djs still look at vinyls with pride. I just think people want more for their money now. Not just two tunes and the upkeep of decks that cost th earth to fix.
Only djs seem to worry about the death of vinyl (and perhaps collectors). Its all about money at the end of the day. If it's not profitable, it will slowly die.
Why worry? Its the music we wanna keep and i cant see dnb going anywhere. The scene is whats important, not what we hear it on.

any hardcore vinylists will buy their own vinyl cutter and make their own. Only 5gs!! Every good home should have one.

5000? and how much for the raw materials for each record?

is there a loss of sound quakity using this method, as you haven't got the experience or equipment of recording engineers in equalising and maximising the sound before it gets pressed?

The home made pressed vinyl would only be as good in sound quality as the mp3 file?

keep vinyl alive - i don't want to have to 'press my own'

Djing will change. Technology and advancement waits for no-one. Vinyls will die out in mainstream djing. Some well respected dj's are making the switch and more will follow. The more that do will slowly change peoples perceptions of what is proper djing is. The 80's gave the world hiphop and scratching, throwing vinyls into a scene of their own. They became cool and a tool to play cool music whilst looking skillful. Scratching is no longer that impressive as we have seen it over and over. We got used to it. Therefore vinyls are just a medium on which to play tunes. Only djs still look at vinyls with pride. I just think people want more for their money now. Not just two tunes and the upkeep of decks that cost th earth to fix.
Only djs seem to worry about the death of vinyl (and perhaps collectors). Its all about money at the end of the day. If it's not profitable, it will slowly die.
Why worry? Its the music we wanna keep and i cant see dnb going anywhere. The scene is whats important, not what we hear it on.

hit the nail on the head there. nice one

I dont think Vinyl will ever be completely wiped out.... but as it stands right now its abit more of a business move to move to CD/MP3 as it costs less to produce. This may be Vinyls problem in the future. MP3's are far easier to distribute and far easier to track sales.... The only problem is that it leaves itself open to pirates..... sell one MP3 and then that could quite easily be copied a million times.... easy!...... Vinyl is abit harder to do than just that one click copy....

The only way i can see Vinyl dying is if they invent a full proof way of stopping you from copying a MP3/CD. This way they will have no worries about distributing MP3's etc.....

BUT!!.... could this also mean the extinction of the "Promo"??

No a promo mp3 would just be double the price!

Back
Top Bottom