Wilkinson - Crunch

Crunch isn't all too bad. I was a big fan of Tonight/Pistol Whip but let's be honest. Moonwalker/Samurai is untouchable in the ranks of Wilkinson releases.

Not so keen on this but can see this and especially the flip growing on me. Favourite tune is a toss up between Tonight and Moonwalker.

And whoever said Direction was bad needs to listen to the tune again

1. Tonight
2. Overdose
3. Samurai or Moonwalker

Liking Wilkinsons work, but I find that with the last couple of singles, I have only liked one of the tunes, and none of them has been as good as his earlier stuff. Still a big fan of him though.

Liking Wilkinsons work, but I find that with the last couple of singles, I have only liked one of the tunes, and none of them has been as good as his earlier stuff. Still a big fan of him though.

It's all in cycles. Nothing new. Take Me Higher is the new Tonight or Need To Know and Direction was the new Overdose, Pistol Whip. This is why "Elevate This Sound" was such a success in the scene. Wilko has found his sound and style in the last 2-3 years and it's working, fair enough but at some point you need to up your game do something different and be successfull with it or you'll get back to the clones you've created for years...

Direction is his worst tune to date. Production is great, but come on, I don't really see the hype about this tune at all. It has absolutely nothing to offer for me. Every single one of his tunes I dig, this one was just complete wank imo. Crunch on the other hand stands out for me, heavy.

are you sure you're listening to the same tune as everybody else geez?

Direction is a massive riddim, from when i heard it on dub i wanted to know who it was by cos that bassline is huge.

How it can be labelled his worse tune to date astounds me. Sure, it may not be what you like to hear from him. But worst tune?

Please....

Moonwalker/Samurai is untouchable in the ranks of Wilkinson releases.

Pretty much agree with this, Moonwalker at the time was carnage in the dance.

Personally not a big fan of Crunch, or the Take Me Higher tune. Direction has that RAM style and sound which in my opinion is a better offering than some of the previous stuff he has released.

Back
Top Bottom