which software...

.. u guys using?
im a damn n00bie here..
QBASE? Reason?... or wh00t?
i had some tryouts with those f... MAGIX Music Studio programs
but it seems they r really gay...

and can any1 tell me how to produce massive breaks'n'drums?

so thx in advance for any help :)

note: im austrian, so pls excuse muh bad english (if so) :p

freeagent

Almost 30
VIP Junglist
Reason 2, 160 and 260 db refills, Cubase SX, lots of VSTs, Waves Bundle, an outboard trigger such as a keyboard, decent monitors and headphones, and prefferably a midi mixing desk and some out board compression/reverb.

My $.02.

stare

[crescent]
dump those "magix music studio" programs man if you want to get serious with producing... i guess fruity loops and reason are the first things to try out. (never used them so i wouldn't know how good they are)... a step up from them are cubase sx and logic (which i use myself). and yeah get some vst/dx plugins and software synths also (fm7, absynth etc)...

ez

Cubase sx on a quick pc with plugins like Absynth,Kontact, use Reason as a plug in and then loads of effects progs like spektral delay and stuff. Perfect to start with but for versatility i would suggest external gear such as a keybaord and perhaps soudn module as well, the novation k-station is ace ! ! Breaks just need layering and effecting and compressing and layering some more till you get the nice phat sound u want. None of those preset breaks with those cheap dance ejay type progs will do.

(not that im an expert or anything)

Charlie Van Pelt

Charles N. Charge
Buzz all the way, plus Audacity for WAV editing and VST plug-ins such as Littleduck (which, by the way, made my subbass a killer in my upcoming VIP).

I reckon it's not always what you've got but what you do with it.

Chuck :drums:

sampa

ShadowSniper
:gun: :gun: :gun:
FRUITY LOOPS-make sure u check out all the samples and shit b for u start makin tracks. QBASE is good aswell but fruity loops is way way easier and i find it better. :spliff: it's not where u put ur tracks, it's where u don't!:rambo:

Last edited:

sketchy

I'm using reason, just reason.. I dont even bother to check out the maelstrom or nn-xt.. That way I always know what my options are and I can lay down a decent track in just a few hours :slayer:

I like working fast and going where the track takes me tho... others might like to spend days tweaking a single kickdrum...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Affliction

thought size didnt matter
VIP Junglist
Logic hnar :slayer: :slayer: ES2 is unrivaled :slayer: :slayer: EXS24 kicks ass :slayer: :slayer: i'd quite like to try Reason aswell though, fiddling with those wires at the back looks fun :afro:

Bad Ace

Close2Death
VIP Junglist
those magix are good for cleanin ur samples up though,i use it if im recording fings through a mic and it clears the hissin up.thats all its good 4 though:-/