Where's the love?

Im not saying everyone listens to dnb for the energy but a lot of people who slag off liquid don’t actually bother to put the effort in and just think about it in terms of the context of a rave.

well said . i love drum n bass in all its forms . i try not to get to caught up in the whole sub genre thing . i buy what i like that could range from anything from releases on ram hardware , freak , focuz the list goes on . the thing is there is shit tunes and good tunes in all styles of dnb . if you truly love music you find great tunes you can really appreciate .
anyway i think that icicle is definatley someone to look out for .he seems pretty fresh with his ideas and alaska ( seba i think ?) he has and lp out at the moment that i only just heard 2 weeks ago and its very nice indeed well worth checking out imo

i don't think you can say liquid is more creative, it entirely depends on the producer and the amount effort put into a track. i'm not trying to slag off liquid, like i said i do like it, my point is dnb grew out of jungle, all this was before sub genres, when drum and bass was just drum and bass, a high energy big impact form of music but producers wanted to take it different places which is why the sub genre culture has become such a factor in the scene. i was in no way dismissing liquid, it's the sheer divirsity of this music that makes it so accessible to such a wide range of people

yeah ok.. but liquid has been developing in the scene since day one,.

As you said dnb grew out of jungle.. even some jungle is soulful and liquid-esque.

i really genuinekly believe that at this moment in time liquid less formiliac. Im not saying it is better than other areas, i like you, love all areas of the music. i just get bored with the mifddle of the orad dance floor ethic of a lot of the music i guess.

he's definatley a pioneer, you can't say he created it though. bukem and his boys were making liquid sounds when calibre was still making liquid in his nappies. anohter outfit i properly rate at liqud is mathematics, i buy anything those boys release and i'm never dissapointed, still got some of their tunes from two, three years ago in my box.

Yes mathematics have some wicked tunes. They're right up there for me when it comes to "liquid"

This Way by Skanna (1993) is one of those early soulful jungle tunes that is a 'liquid prototype' I think. Also other Skanna tunes like All You Wanted from 94 are so deep, vocal and just plain old emotional it still makes me tingle.

well i think there´s loads of good vibey liquid today: Kubiks & Lomax, Electrosoul system, Physics, Amaning to name a few

i really genuinekly believe that at this moment in time liquid less formiliac. Im not saying it is better than other areas, i like you, love all areas of the music. i just get bored with the mifddle of the orad dance floor ethic of a lot of the music i guess.

it's the jump up, wobble wobble stuff that has no lasting appeal. there are some good producers making it, but it has such a short shelf life because they knock out tune after tune of it ony ever varying the silly noises. unlike the liquid, soulful stuff which will last because it isn't just made to be a one rave wonder.

Back
Top Bottom