What have you been listening to?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Howdy,

Long time no post! :lol:

Haven't got much smart stuff to say so made this topic. What have you been listening to recently? And is it taking an effect on your productions? :)

Myself I have been listening to Skream, Benga, El-B, C.R.S.T, Xanja and Etch! The Skream & Benga listening is really wanting to make me lean towards a more of an old style dubstep sound with my prods at the moment!

Not much DnB for me at the moment...

What have you been listening to recently?
Been listening to quite a bit of progressive house and what I would call melodic electro and electro trance lately.

And is it taking an effect on your productions? :)

Definitely! It's made me feel that I should go back to my roots and start using the sounds and techniques that got me into electronic music in the first place in the music that I make now. After thinking about it for several days now, I've actually realized that I'd probably be better off (happier) combining my favorite parts of trance, electro, progessive house, garage, dubstep, and dnb to create my own unique sound rather then trying to mimic others sounds and worrying about if it would be played if I sent it to some big name DJ.

Basically, I had an epiphany and said "Fuck all these boundries and shit. This is what I want to hear!", which is what I suppose I should have been doing from the start!!! So, I guess you guys need to get ready to start hearing weird combos from me - don't worry though, there's not going to be any of that fluffy type of trance.

Last edited:
This feels like it would belong better in waffle perhaps, but I won't call the cops! :)

I guess it's been a lot of crookers lately, since their new album. Also london elektricity and sub focus on the dnb side ^^

This feels like it would belong better in waffle perhaps, but I won't call the cops! :)

Fair shout man! If a mod sees this and agrees go ahead and move it if you would be so kind :)

Nothin fx!? Wow, not sure I could do that!

Looking forward to hear what comes out of that T:M :)

Tell you what bulletstorm, I can see why they went nuts for it! What a tune!

Been listening to classics like this :rolleyes:

[video=youtube_share;3eNEZv0W9lY]http://youtu.be/3eNEZv0W9lY[/video]

aaah dan m was a character wasnt he. with a whole set of homemade DIY completely permanent and inextricable problems. the roids were freaking him out a little tbf but what a guy. guys guy that man.

Been listening to loads of random shit lately, rekindled my love for Sikth the other day as well amazing band full of amazing musicians

Last edited by a moderator:
High Contrast... And I have kind been getting back into old school garage. Ant hill mob, Scott Garcia and some of them guys.

Some mixtapes from Berghain in Berlin. That place looks the fucking nuts. TECHNOOO!

attachment.php

bought a load of 2nd hand "jumpin and pumpin" cd's - oldskool/hardcore from amazon
nice (lost my copies from back in the day)

digging into some Aphex Twin old tunes, like Monkey Drummer (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom