Weekly Double Drop Comp

Pick a winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
poll was for last weeks. cant delete it or start a new poll.
just reply with what letter is your fav.

H) is our clear winner this week.

Congratulations to Crysis for his outstanding entry.
Crysis you get to pick next weeks track to mix.

Thanks to everyone that entered and took the time to listen and vote.

F & G are wicked! had never heard tabernacle before

- - - Updated - - -

i'm well out of date :D i'll check the comp that's actually open shall i

H) is our clear winner this week.

Congratulations to Crysis for his outstanding entry.
Crysis you get to pick next weeks track to mix.

Thanks to everyone that entered and took the time to listen and vote.

:O Woot! Technically this is the first comp I've ever entered. Thanks guy. Feels good to get recognition from people in the know.

**Track changed due to fairness**

In light of my oversight, I've changed the track so vinyl-only DJs are not excluded. This is a nasty track though, and you should all have it. I've upped it on dnbshare since it's no longer available for download.

http://dnbshare.com/download/SPKTRM_-_WATERS_UNKNOWN.mp3.html

Thanks again for the votes!

New track is Spectrasoul - Light in the Dark. See below. :)

Last edited:
:O Woot! Technically this is the first comp I've ever entered. Thanks guy. Feels good to get recognition from people in the know.

I wanted to choose a track that was given away as free, so that more people would be able to join the comp. So the track I chose is SPKTRM - Waters Unknown.

This was given away for free from this soundcloud link, however it seems that the track has been taken down. I can upload to dnbshare if you guys think that would be ok. I don't know if that would be "breaking the rules" since it was up for download at one point.

If you guys agree I can post it, or choose another track.

Thanks again for the votes!

congrats on winning!

i don't mind using this at all, though you would have to reup it somewhere (fine if it was a freebie 100%)
however bear in mind this would exclude all those vinyl only djs.. something to consider

congrats on winning!

i don't mind using this at all, though you would have to reup it somewhere (fine if it was a freebie 100%)
however bear in mind this would exclude all those vinyl only djs.. something to consider

DOH! Need more coffee. Completely forgot how popular vinyl only DJs are here. My apologies. I'll post the track up on DNBShare because it's such a sick track you should all have, and I'll chose something more Technics friendly :)

How about Spectrasoul - Light in the Dark

The vocal is amazing, and the track has an incredibly soulful vibe. (Saw it in your list jsmith :))

Everyone cool with this one?

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm cool with it. don't think ive ever found anything good to mix it with thus far so it will be a nice challenge.

so, ladies and germs...

week 3
spectrasoul - light in the dark
mixes to be PM'd to me before monday 8.30pm GMT (mp3 only pls)
??
profit.

get mixing.

My first Spectrasoul tune...I feel more romantic already. And finally a vocal tune.

You may be able to clear up a mystery as well Crysis. Do you by any chance produce tunes?

My first Spectrasoul tune...I feel more romantic already. And finally a vocal tune.

You may be able to clear up a mystery as well Crysis. Do you by any chance produce tunes?

I don't. Crysis is a name I chose way back in like 2001 when I got my first pair of tables. I know there is a KrisisDNB out there, and some other DJs using Crysis, but they aren't me. I actually want to change the name to Nemics, which is short for Chronemics. Learned the word in a Speech class in college, and thought it a fitting description.

"Chronemics is the study of the use of time in nonverbal communication. The way that an individual would perceive and value time, structure our time and react to time is a powerful communication tool, and helps set the stage for the communication process."

170 bpm nonverbal communication ;)

so, ladies and germs...

week 3
spectrasoul - light in the dark
mixes to be PM'd to me before monday 8.30pm GMT (mp3 only pls)
??
profit.

get mixing.

first time entering? more info on the first page :word:

Back
Top Bottom