Want to start DJin, Got £300, What should i buy??

On re-reading my above rant just want to clarify no offence intended to everyone who posts advice on here... I tell people to bust the budget all the time, I piss myself off when I do it too :lol:

Personally i rekon when your just starting out any pair of half decent direct drives and any mixer with an eq will do nicely just dont get belt drive decks! I first learnt on belt drives and then when i changed to directs it felt wierd as fuck almost like learning all over again.
Try this website i got my last mixer from there but their stuff is always in & out of stock so check everyday.

www.whybuynew.co.uk

PEACE!

I'm still, still at work by the way... It's 05:00am now...

I am jacks withered heart

right ok.. after reading Gregs post i realised that technics really are out of your reach when your starting out....

so....... heres a package i bought my girlfriends little brother....

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/dj_deck_packages/numark_packages/TT200_VMX100

Numark TT200 and the VMX100 for £349

I know its a little over budget.... but id highly recommend this as a starter package.... the mixer has EQs... which will help you learn about EQ'n from the start... and Numark TT200 which after having a little play on them... really are pretty decent decks.... Ive gone b2b with the my gfs little bro a few times and really enjoyed playin on them.....

Id stay away from Stanton to be honest.... i dont know what it is about them.... but they really dont feel good.... any stantons... unless you have the STR8 150's or what ever they're called but even then they dont quite cut the mustard.... its something about the motor?? Stanton motors seem to be really powerfull going forward (clockwise) but as soon as you out any resistance in the opposite direction.... they crumble... i dont know whether thats just my experience with them..... or if anyone else feels the same but... in my opinion id steer clear of stanton..... go for Numark.... they have been the kings of the low end market for a long time.....

My stantons are serving me very well, I've used plenty of other decks too and my opinion hasn't been changed, I love my mixer too, It's so simple, I'll be upgrading at some point obviously but my set up seems to be perfect for a beginner.

But yeah, as you said Rocksteady it's all about personal opinion!

My stantons are serving me very well, I've used plenty of other decks too and my opinion hasn't been changed, I love my mixer too, It's so simple, I'll be upgrading at some point obviously but my set up seems to be perfect for a beginner.

But yeah, as you said Rocksteady it's all about personal opinion!

yeh man... if there was only one deck that suited everyones style then there would be no need for such a big market.... its what ever you feel comfortable with i suppose.....

VESTAX ARE THE BEST THOUGH!!

obviously im just gna blindly say technics and folow the crowd.... or am i lol check out sony PSDJ 9000's. sound lame, but theyre pretty good, i still use em. u could proabably get a par for around 100 on ebay. theyre direct drive, high torque and have quartz lock. theyre so cheap coz noone heard of them. hope that helps

Its so worth getting technics mate.. As everyone is saying, if you get anything else you will be dying for technics in a week of mixing!

Trust the forum and go for technics!

And anyways i picked up a phat technics 1210 package with numark dxm09 mixer for 300quid last july and all is still working perfectly!! Just gotta be patient for a good deal if your using ebay.

something like this would serve you well:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x-Numark-TT2...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Ive had the tt200's for around 5 years now, they have taken some serious abuse, they have been with me to many raves and free parties in the middle of nowhere, been dropped, had drinks spilt on them, you name it, and i still havnt had to replace them. Still on the original pitch controls, motor has good torque (more than 1210's) great for mixing and sratching for the money!

i managed to get vestax pdx 2000 and 3 channel behringer mixer for 250 second hand and i love them....wouldnt bother buying new for your first decks unless u can afford it.

just make sure you test the decks first if they are second hand...fuck buying off ebay

Back
Top Bottom