Vinyl prices

if it's tunes that i've got to have then i just bag them without thinking of the cost, then cringe when i look at my bank statement next month.... there's a couple of decent 2nd hand record shops in London where u can pick stuff up a bit cheaper sometimes (£4/£5), but you have to keep checking in there regularly to find the gems. One of them always gets copies of Ram's releases about a week after they come out, unplayed :)

Theres no alien girl remix /

It's cutslo locust mix / alien girl
I'm not looking it up for u
It's by ed rush and optical and it's on prototype recordings.
U must be able to locate it without assistance

id rather them really thin than the stupedly thick ones that feel like your mixing on fucking bricks!!

I know exactly what you mean...but sometimes I prefer the heavier weighted vinyl.

I try and tackle my vinyl expenditure by buying 2nd hand, fair play you dont get a box fresh record, but I get quite alot of use out of the records I buy...
Also you get an incredibly good feeling by snapping up a bargain.

Dedbults idea of buying the rare/collectables and getting the digis of the throwaway tunes is pretty much the way I'm looking to head in the near future

thicker vinyl is usually better quality - hence 180g vinyl is considered audiophile and 120g regular. thicker vinyl enables grooves to be deeper without coming trough on the other side.

i started my djing on vinyl the very first time without having touched the cdj-s. my first purchase was the weapons of mass creation 3 and from a physical record shop. went there a lot after school. now the shop is closed and they sell shoes there. mostly buy second hand from discogs or surus/redeyes. altough there was a year/two pause when i didn't buy wax but digital since i got traktor and was hyped over it, i started buying wax again cause i felt something is missing. prices are high yes...that mala in cuba album is a great example. 4x 12" for 45 quid. since i don't live in uk or usa the shipping costs when ordering a 12" from discogs sometimes are even more than the record itself. definitely not the cheapest hobby, but music on vinyl is so different from digital. vinyl release has so to say ...soul. i'll keep buying it as long as they keep selling it.

Back
Top Bottom