Upcoming Albums Of 2016...

Debut self-titled album by Misanthrop out on the 30th September
https://ukf.com/news/misanthrop-announces-debut-album-misanthrop-neosignal/17194

“You know me… I try never to follow any conventions or formulas. I try things out, new approaches and ideas. There’ll be a few tunes you might not expect from me but mainly there will be a lot of bangers. It’s an album I want to play out. No journey, no epic experimental things – I’ve done that before – this time I just want a drum & bass album that DJs can play out. It’s been a long time coming.”

Not expecting much from this one, but we'll see.

Tbh I could see his LP being better than Phace's last LP. That being said Phace's last LP was factory new garbage! IMO :teeth:

Agree with all of the comments above! I'm giving Phace one more chance before pronouncing him dead, so we'll see what the next release brings. As u guys say his album was okish, the last release of his was crap.

I'm honestly worried about this Misanthrop album, it's going to be hard to see yet another one of my favorite artists fall off the wagon into the cesspit that is EDM. But if his Blackout EP & Ram EP is anything to go by i'm bracing myself for disappointment.

If this Misanthrop album is shit, it will be official that 2016 is the year Neurofunk died :(

phace's last lp was awesome? flaky especially.

really? sounds like a really poor version of this:

IMO their nothing on these:

Phace has changed from hit & miss to; nope not even going to check. Probably it's my taste. Never been a fan of their heavier stuff but lately both are just operating in there expect when Misanthrop made Garbage Truck Remix which lead me to hope that there might still be some creativity in the guys left. Just brilliant:

I've never heard one cohesive dnb album
I agree there aren't many, but some I think I can call cohesive are:
Kimyan Law-Coeur Calme
Spectrasoul-Delay No More
Mefjus-Emulation
both of DRS' albums
Frederic Robinson - Mixed Signals
Tokyo Prose - Presence
The Upbeats - Primitive Technique
Sub Focus - Sub Focus
All of S.P.Y's albums

To me, a cohesive album is a collection of songs that feel like they contribute to one piece of art, rather than what you could call a compilation. Maybe a bit of consistency throughout the album, but you don't want it sounding all the same either

Last edited:
I agree there aren't many, but some I think I can call cohesive are:
Kimyan Law-Coeur Calme
Spectrasoul-Delay No More
Mefjus-Emulation
both of DRS' albums
Frederic Robinson - Mixed Signals
Tokyo Prose - Presence
The Upbeats - Primitive Technique
Sub Focus - Sub Focus
All of S.P.Y's albums

To me, a cohesive album is a collection of songs that feel like they contribute to one piece of art, rather than what you could call a compilation. Maybe a bit of consistency throughout the album, but you don't want it sounding all the same either

Gonna add The Orkyd Project by SCAR to this. One of the best albums I've heard in ages.

one of my all time favorite dnb albums..... calyx - no turning back.... or lets see... break - symmetry...

Back
Top Bottom