England - EURO Champions 2016?

• definitly mate!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • na', no way.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
hello .. I know this isn't an actual tango rhythm (foxtrot, cha-cha?), the name just matched well.
I am on this thing for some 2 weeks now, have listened to it 150+ times .. i can't seem to find any further improvement.
I do have some specific Qs though, please let me know your opinion, of course additional feedback is welcome.

1) the icy/metallic master sound is intended >> is it overdone? sounds too harsh? bass freq. still coming through well?
2) bass synth and bass drum >> side-chaining OK? do both co-exist well?
3) the restless/hectic rhythm is intended >> does it need more variations or longer breaks? or less?
4) more vocal hooks or is just one enough for this track?
5) how is the sound quality: clear, roomy, punchy? or too over-compressed on your speaker system? (I tested on 4 speaker sets)

cheers everyone !

PS: I believe the video clip is matching well the music. it's by the amazing video artist DARWINFISH in Kanagawa (close by Tokyo).

Last edited:
Personally,
I am really enjoying this track. I really like most things about it. I thing you could control the envelopes better with the synth, and you could eq your sounds better. With that being said, the tone and flow of the track is awesome.

thanks very much iV4. very kind words from you. you are spot on with the sound improvement suggestion. i'm also still not happy about the final master sound. just tested in my car which has a medium quality audio system and it actually sounded fine in all frequency ranges. but some speaker i use indoor's produce annoying frequencies when i play back this track .. i will try to figure out where the issue is. cheers & have good weekend ! (y)

Sounds great on my Beyerdynamic DT 770 headphone. Track sounds tight and unique, has lots of weird variations :). Why is the intro so short though? I like hhe kick rhythm changing at the end, it is a nice addition!
The 'Uhh' vocal is a bit hard in volume, just a little though. I'm no expert on mastering/mixing, can only say that i'm good with how it sounds now.

thanks battletek, very kind review from you. will turn down the 'uhh' in the next mix. i kept the intro short to have a different approach and be in line with the crisp flow of the track. appreciate your feedback! cheers to holland ! :)

Really advanced and professional sounding track with the right amount of individuality to it . :D I enjoy the overall feeling, and the playfull synths very much. Maybe it is just me but this tune has a really unique feeling of hard happiness. (if that makes any sense) Seen in this context the volume of the *uuh* sample is good to me. I guess this is really personal taste here but the snare sample in itself sounds a little bit to bright and flat to me in relation to how loud it is. Maybe try to warm up the cymbals and higher synths for getting a more shining and less sharp sound.
But once again, personal taste. I really like this track :2thumbs:

hello FB, thanks very much for your feedback, much appreciated. i will look into the snares (always my problem) ..

Back
Top Bottom