"Tutorial Tuesday" Season 1: Electro House!

Hey ARTFX, quick question. I noticed you made an eq cut in the snare at the frequency where the kick drum hit is most prominent. Does this really have a big effect because the kick and snare never hit at the same time so it seems a little pointless to me? Is it just a perception thing because I can't imagine those frequencies interfering with each other as the kick and snare don't hit at the same time?

Snare and kick not hitting at the same time in electro house how can you manage that what is that sorcery wizard?

Hey ARTFX, quick question. I noticed you made an eq cut in the snare at the frequency where the kick drum hit is most prominent. Does this really have a big effect because the kick and snare never hit at the same time so it seems a little pointless to me? Is it just a perception thing because I can't imagine those frequencies interfering with each other as the kick and snare don't hit at the same time?

I didn't do that.. If you watch closely I put an EQ on my kick and take out the 200 Hz frequency. This since on my track the snare and kick do hit at the same time.. So taking out the 200 Hz from the kick makes a little room for the snare.

very nice, very thorough, a kick and a snare there. yup. sure looking forward to the next installment, what are we doing chords or what.

Hahaa you nutty.. Yeahh next one will be about adding the first melody chord thing, so we pick a scale and we make some chords with that and do some simple Sylenth1 stuff, next video will then be adding more layers to this melody chord thingy with probably a synth from the Rob Papen series.. Gotta promote my sponsors.. :P

I didn't do that.. If you watch closely I put an EQ on my kick and take out the 200 Hz frequency. This since on my track the snare and kick do hit at the same time.. So taking out the 200 Hz from the kick makes a little room for the snare.

Ah yeah sorry, got it the wrong way around! Where do the kick and snare hit at the same time though? If the pattern is kick-snare-kick-snare how can they hit at the same time? Or is it further on in the track they hit at the same time (which we have haven't seen yet)? Or am I just being thick?

Ah yeah sorry, got it the wrong way around! Where do the kick and snare hit at the same time though? If the pattern is kick-snare-kick-snare how can they hit at the same time? Or is it further on in the track they hit at the same time (which we have haven't seen yet)? Or am I just being thick?

The beat is Kick - Kick - Kick - Kick, with a snare layered on top of it on every second and fourth beat so you get:

Kick - Kick & Snare - Kick - Kick & Snare.

They do hit at the same time, that's the whole essence of electro house and all other house genres.

The beat is Kick - Kick - Kick - Kick, with a snare layered on top of it on every second and fourth beat so you get:

Kick - Kick & Snare - Kick - Kick & Snare.

They do hit at the same time, that's the whole essence of electro house and all other house genres.

Cool I didn't notice the kick and snare layered together(I was being thick!), should probably actually watch properly before asking daft questions and looking like a tit.

Ta.

29566tv.jpg

This weeks tutorial has become a little long, but who cares. We dive into making chords and a simple melody, which we will expand later on. For now enjoy the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, why can I hear in the background another voice explaining the exact same thing you are explaining? I hope you're not copying something else? Or have someone dictating to you?

Good work on the chords man

Dude, why can I hear in the background another voice explaining the exact same thing you are explaining? I hope you're not copying something else? Or have someone dictating to you?

Good work on the chords man

Hahaa no that's me I was with a friend when I recorded this. I recorded this video together with the audio which I recorded through an output from my mixer, but stupid me forgot to unplug my microphone which was standing at the other side of the room so it picked up my voice at a very low volume and recorded it within the same WAV file. I record my voice over afterwards and normally I would've re-recorded this video but since it was this long and I had to do the editing before Tuesday I just couldn't. It's not that audible, I'm actually amazed that you managed to hear the background voice/mumbling... Also you might here some screaming kids too, which where playing behind my house. :D

Lol, I hate it when a mic picks up audio twice lol! I done a quick tut not that long ago, stupidly, I sat too close to my speakers so they were picking up the audio from Ableton!

Yeah that's why I record my voice over afterwards, normally the mic wouldn't even be plugged in while doing the actual tutorial.

Enjoying the series so far mate, I like how you also covered some of the musical aspects of making chords or melodies.

Subscribed to your channel so you know... I got me eyes on ya!

Enjoying the series so far mate, I like how you also covered some of the musical aspects of making chords or melodies.

Subscribed to your channel so you know... I got me eyes on ya!

Thanks mate your welcome. If any of you has questions regarding this video series or have an advice or request for future videos feel free to shout it out loud. ^^

Tomorrow we are back with another Tutorial Tuesday, this time we use some loops to fill up the beat we made in the earlier videos. Also there will be a little surprise for all my viewers in tomorrows video, not gonna say what yet.. ;)

Tomorrow we are back with another Tutorial Tuesday, this time we use some loops to fill up the beat we made in the earlier videos. Also there will be a little surprise for all my viewers in tomorrows video, not gonna say what yet.. ;)

You're doing it in your pants?

Back
Top Bottom