Turning on VST's in FL

Nacon

Vidual
VIP Junglist
I'm pretty sure some of you have come across this, you want to turn on some VST effect during the track, but i was just wondering if there is any other way that is more comfortable or simpler to automate some VST's like Fruity reeverb On and off, in a diffrent way than doing it like this as a pattern clip?
24ou5qx.jpg

If i am right you can record the automation as well, but is it more comfortable like that? What do you think

Last edited:
Just click the record button, then the play button. Everything you do will be recorded now.
So say you move the rotary button off the reverb, when you play it back at a later time that will be done again, but then automated.

Don't forget to make a new AUTOMATION pattern, and record all your automation in there.
I was working that way earlier, switched it to using automation clips.
You can also use the 'Edit Events' window, which also has an built in LFO function!

yeah i find it alot better recording automation than drawing it in.... its alot faster and not so boring!!

drawing it in manually does have its uses though, i still draw alot of automation depending on the nature of it

also, i'll usually convert recorded automation to automation clips so i can manually edit it.... this has its problems though, for starters, you end up with THOUSANDS of unnecessary automation points, it its a right pain trying to delete a load of them just to edit a small part of an automation clip...... another problem is that when you convert events to automation clips, fl doesnt automatically place the clip in the playlist, you have to do it manually, and try to find its start position. this can be over come by drawing in a tiny piece of automation at the start of the event editor prior to converting to a clip.... but its a fucking pain!!!

Back
Top Bottom