True Pioneers of DNB

what did Doc Scott do specifically to make him a pioneer?

:lol: seriously?
Doc scott has been around since about 91, the oldskool and oldskool hardcore era. His productions have contributed to defining drum and bass.

"Doc Scott has always been a drum and bass pioneer whether behind the turntables or at the controls in the studio."

http://obscure.co.nz/culture/doc_scott_07

My point is that he is more recognised nowadays as a producer from back in the day rather than a dj.

:lol: thats ridicululous. are you a wobble/jump up head or what? have you actually seen doc scott DJ? The guys sets are amazing. He's also extremly diverse. he gets plenty of gigs. and im pretty sure people still regard him as a quality DJ

His dj sets are good no doubt but not a touch on Randall in the AWOL days. Just my opinion though.

IT's not JUST about Dj's though is it.....Pioneers can be Dj's,Producers and Labels.

I agree Randalls a better Dj but Doc Scott is way ahead in the Producer stakes......way ahead.

IT's not JUST about Dj's though is it.....Pioneers can be Dj's,Producers and Labels.

I agree Randalls a better Dj but Doc Scott is way ahead in the Producer stakes......way ahead.

I completely agree with what your saying. Thats why at the start I said Randall is a pioneer in terms of his djing while metalheadz are pioneers in their own right.

the real old stuff like rollin with the punches remix and that are sick and hezs been a consistent dj his whole career.

what did Doc Scott do specifically to make him a pioneer?

Metalheadz and 31 records for starters... 31 .. the label behind Deadline, Shadow boxing and Vault.. to name a few...

Say no more eh??

Launched more than one career!

instead of listing all the people who pioneered drum and bass in the early days i'll just chuck in my 10p about whos been makin moves recently

its taken nearly 5 years but hazard has been the man for me whos pushed thru the wobble beats since early 2002 hes been gettin his tracks batterd at raves from mid 2003 onwards every jump up dj had one or two of his choons in there set and thats achievement i think. and now hes bringing thru the new talent...... origin & pleasure, Complex, PA!, Asbetics

big up hazard :D

on the DJ side i think HYPE has really been the guy whos pushed my kinda dnb bringin hazard g dub taxman jaydan etc to the mass market

instead of listing all the people who pioneered drum and bass in the early days i'll just chuck in my 10p about whos been makin moves recently

its taken nearly 5 years but hazard has been the man for me whos pushed thru the wobble beats since early 2002 hes been gettin his tracks batterd at raves from mid 2003 onwards every jump up dj had one or two of his choons in there set and thats achievement i think. and now hes bringing thru the new talent...... origin & pleasure, Complex, PA!, Asbetics

on the DJ side i think HYPE has really been the guy whos pushed my kinda dnb bringin hazard g dub taxman jaydan etc to the mass market

but is hazard actually even comparable to people like goldie/metalheadz, ltj bukem, randall, ram trilogy etc? alot of his stuff is just throw-away jump up which in my opinion people wont remember in 10 years time unlike absolute classics such as 'inner city life'. if in 10 years time im proved wrong then good for him but i dont see his records having longevity.
hype on the other hand i agree with you, hes been on the scene since the early days and has one of the most successful labels

So basically u like wobble...yar?

Look what the title of the thread is. You can't place these people in this thread, it doesn't concern them one bit.

I don't know about most of.If your from the UK or not but I'm from L.A. so most of the Dj's that you lot mention you probably had the chance to see out there but it was raritie to see such big names at the earlier raves I started to go to back in '96.Probably due to money.And old school tape packs or single tapes from events in the UK were not even sold out here not until '97.So many of the pioneers you lot mention were never heard of.Unless you were a Dj and you bought plates.Up until '97 when Science had V Recordings for
out here for there V Classics LP Launch that night was big
it gave me a taste of thing to come.

The only pioneers I can mention are the local one's that got me into Jungle.
And they are the O.G.'s In L.A
R.A.W. (Ruff And Wicked)
Curious (CRS?)
Esassin
Junglist Platoon

As for Record labels and Producer's:(every one's all ready mentioned most but I'm adding the one I think were slept on:
No U Turn - Nico
V Records Camp
Renegade Hardware
Trouble On Vinyl
Hardleaders
Dread Recordings

Sorry for typing so much just letting you headz know where I'm coming from.

Back
Top Bottom