True Pioneers of DNB

There are other threads going around usually involving how Pendulum have affected the dnb scene. Some people think they are pioneers. I thought it would be interesting to see everyones thoughts on who the true pioneers are in dnb.

It can be people or labels. Some of the labels will cover a few dj's who might also be listed.

Mine are:

Fabio
Grooverider
Moving Shadow
Goldie/Metalheadz
Randall (I do realise randall is under the metalheadz label as well but I thought he should be included for his sets in the AWOL days)
Andy C
Roni Size
Zinc
Hype
Stevie Hyper D (RIP)
GQ

Lables: Reinforced Records, Good Looking Records, Lucky Spin, Metalheadz, Moving Shadow, Ram Records etc etc

DJ's: Fabio & Grooverider, Randall, Mickey Finn, LTJ Bukem, Aphrodite, Roni Size, Ram Trilogy, Shy Fx. etc etc

A Guy Called Gerald, cough cough cough.

4Hero, cough cough cough.

Took the words right out my mouth Dustek!

Most of the folks round here would think that "Voodoo Ray" is some geezer who works down at their local headshop...

A Guy Called Gerald, cough cough cough.

4Hero, cough cough cough.

YEP i second that!!

Bad Company

Loxy

Ink

Black Sun Empire <--- in fact i think these guys have been the biggest pioneers over the last few years. Not just them but their label aswell. (Telemetrik for instance)

Technical Itch

John B <---- Everyone forgets about this guy! PROPER WKD PRODUCER!!

Twisted Individual <-- In my opinion he pretty much pioneered the new wave of Jump-Up

just for the record it was the one that started this thread, some how i just came along at the right time and stole all the glory

Did anyone mention Omni Trio & Foul Play?

Suburban Base was also a pioneering label like MS imho.

Back
Top Bottom