Traktor Audio 10 advice

dj_merlin

VIP Junglist
So within the next couple of weeks im selling my cdjs and am getting some 1210s and will be getting Traktor Scratch Pro 2.

Im getting pretty confused trying to work out what I need to set everything up, I will be using 2 1210s and a cdj. Do I need to get those multicore cables or do I just need to get another three 2 X Rca cables?

And wanted to check that it will work using 2 1210s and a cdj 800 mk2, and how would I go about setting this up?

Sorry for the noob questions, have never used a DVS system!

My only advice is:

"Get Serato"

That said, if your buying traktor scratch new everything you need will be in the box.

1210's plugg into the sound card ---> Sound card plugged into mixer ---> usb cable into computer

When i got serato it had all the necessary cables. But really the only cables you need are rca's to plug from sound card into the mixer.

But yeah.
Get serato.

:teeth:

if you have cdjs why are you buying 1210's and traktor scratch? just buy an interface that works with cdjs...

Cause cdjs have become boring and have no soul! Want to actually have some feel when I mix and riding the pitch on cdjs isnt the best

Ha think im still gonna go for Traktor as on ebay ive found a good price, and after plenty of research it seems just like personal preference, and I do think the Traktor hardware looks better and having the option to plug in a 4th deck is good.
Ive seen on alot of websites that its sold out and is discontinued now though, does anyone know when the new interfaces might be released?

I hate djs that use dvs . When you play after them you have to re wire everything. If you like the feel of vinyl, spin the real stuff. if you prefer digital use CDjs !

:)

Well i cant afford to buy vinyls and considering I have all my tunes digitally from using cdjs it makes sense to go dvs instead of vinyl. Im definitely not sticking to cdjs have already made my mind up! Dont worry when I play out I'll make sure I rewire the mess I make haha

I hate djs that use dvs . When you play after them you have to re wire everything. If you like the feel of vinyl, spin the real stuff. if you prefer digital use CDjs !

they should rewire it themselves!

Well i cant afford to buy vinyls and considering I have all my tunes digitally from using cdjs it makes sense to go dvs instead of vinyl. Im definitely not sticking to cdjs have already made my mind up! Dont worry when I play out I'll make sure I rewire the mess I make haha

i'd rather use vinyl or cdjs to traktor - what cdjs do you use?

they should rewire it themselves!

Yeah I let the guy do that at sn1 and he put in a dodgy cable in the right cdj and when I went to play the first track sound was only coming through the left channel on the master output. Pure ball ache.

Yeah I let the guy do that at sn1 and he put in a dodgy cable in the right cdj and when I went to play the first track sound was only coming through the left channel on the master output. Pure ball ache.

You'd think people would know what they were doing if they're doing that every time they play...

My only advice is:

"Get Serato"

That said, if your buying traktor scratch new everything you need will be in the box.

1210's plugg into the sound card ---> Sound card plugged into mixer ---> usb cable into computer

When i got serato it had all the necessary cables. But really the only cables you need are rca's to plug from sound card into the mixer.

But yeah.
Get serato.
:teeth:

What actual benifits over traktor has serato?

You'd think people would know what they were doing if they're doing that every time they play...

I am being a bit of a prick to be fair it was the right cable in the right place. It was because it was broken. The original cable that was put in at the beginning of the day worked fine. He just changed it .

I have pioneer 800mk2s, I just find cdjs dull now I have used them for almost a year now and enjoyed them, but its time for Technics now :)

You're mates with Rob aren't you? He posts about you loads on Facebook haha so rare, anyway I've got Technics and Serato (Only SL1 though) and I've heard that's the norm for clubs. Traktor looks just as good if not better, does have loads of features that I don't need though.

Serato = thru button.

Click that and it bypasses the DVS. No rewiring needed whatsoever.

That's why loads of clubs have serato sl4 plugged in constantly. You can just bypass it instead of fucking about with cables.
Problem? =D

Last edited:
Serato = thru button.

Click that and it bypasses the DVS. No rewiring needed whatsoever.

That's why loads of clubs have serato sl4 plugged in constantly. You can just bypass it instead of fucking about with cables.
Problem? =D
have to do it going through the laptop on traktor :(

You're mates with Rob aren't you? He posts about you loads on Facebook haha so rare, anyway I've got Technics and Serato (Only SL1 though) and I've heard that's the norm for clubs. Traktor looks just as good if not better, does have loads of features that I don't need though.

Haha Rob Pickthall? Yehh man im pretty set on Traktor dont think there is any right or wrong answer

Haha Rob Pickthall? Yehh man im pretty set on Traktor dont think there is any right or wrong answer
Yeah Rob Pickthall he used to go to my college haha small world, and yeah go for it, I've never actually owned a pair of CDJs but I've tried them out at the feel of vinyl is soo much better!

Back
Top Bottom