think its time...

for playing out purposes cdjs. all clubs will have pioneers as standard normally so its good to getting used to cdjs, none of the hassle of laptops serato box etc etc

for fun, serato, using the tts is still more fun imo

Youre used to spinning without it yeah? So why would you need a decent resolution? You wont even need to look at it.

nah serato and traktor actually have a minimum resolution requirement, the program wont even open!

Might look into getting around it by fiddling with the files though...hmmm

I would much prefer Serato to CDJ's, but CDJ's will probably be the one for me just for ease.

Its a long way off before I swap though.

I use Serato and love it. However it's so much easier to use Cd's unless Serato is set up beforehand. I miss the use of cue points/quick loading of tracks/using turntables and folder options Serato offers but if changing from vinyl to digital, go with Cd's for the ease of playing out. I have to put up with the set up of Serato which goes smoothly 8/10 times.
Until Serato is part of a club's standard set up (like, I believe in America/Canada), or you are high profile enough to have it in your contract when booked (Shy Fx, Netsky), it is annoying for you and others.

hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom