THE WIP THREAD

Nice work! You've got a great start there mate. I'd personally like to hear more of a prominent snare and some really tight & bright percussion to really bring the drums to life as I feel they are currently lacking something. I'd also try adding some slight release time to the bass line when it cuts out, just to help with the flow of the track.

Mix is well balanced though and the elements are coming out nicely! I look forward to hearing the finished product :)

feeling this, rolls well. i think the bass could be a tad heavier
Nice work! You've got a great start there mate. I'd personally like to hear more of a prominent snare and some really tight & bright percussion to really bring the drums to life as I feel they are currently lacking something. I'd also try adding some slight release time to the bass line when it cuts out, just to help with the flow of the track.

Mix is well balanced though and the elements are coming out nicely! I look forward to hearing the finished product :)

Cheers guys! appreciate the feedback :)

Something new I've just started, mix is really shite atm but was just wondering how the track flows etc.. :)

https://clyp.it/s0nmzax3?token=357c52c6a4af01141a61182456f45856

Vibes for days on this one! Bass is lovely and warm, drums are beautifully crisp but blend into the mix well, reverb is on point. Get a decent mix (already pretty damn good esp. considering you think it's shite) and master on this and you've got a vibey sunny sunday bbq banger. Looking forward to the full and finished track.

Here's an update to mine from a page or two back. It'll sound like nails on a chalkboard in comparison to Snowyz :/

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Al39QmuN8VajNqLWpsRUVjNmM

Vibes for days on this one! Bass is lovely and warm, drums are beautifully crisp but blend into the mix well, reverb is on point. Get a decent mix (already pretty damn good esp. considering you think it's shite) and master on this and you've got a vibey sunny sunday bbq banger. Looking forward to the full and finished track.

Here's an update to mine from a page or two back. It'll sound like nails on a chalkboard in comparison to Snowyz :/

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Al39QmuN8VajNqLWpsRUVjNmM

Cheers dude, really appreciate it! nah man yours is sick. Love the atmo dude, and has a really nice progression!

I like the transient on the kick, and the percussion in general. Sub could be less saturated (closer to sine wave) imo but that's just me (I'm not a truehead :teeth:). Nice work regardless.

First time I wrote something in G major and didn't end up scrapping it in an hour.
Major keys are hard to avoid sounding cheesy it's true, you've got around that pretty well I think. I'd make the melodic phrases a bit longer and more varied (slower/longer chord progression)

Getting a bit frustrated with this one, wanted a lot going on and have some bassy elements plus some more musical ones but all the sound design just seems a bit lifeless.

I know the kick is weak and am working on it but would appreciate any other input people have...

I think it's all fine design- and especially music-wise. Mixdown just sounds unfocused to me. I feel like half of the instruments have too much low midrange. Funky synths (that are really nice not theirselves) are louder than the timbre-wise-big (all that noise tail etc.) snare which results sounding unnatural and "illogical". Some pads are more in your face than the kick etc. Speaking of the said kick, it sound ok to me, or at least it doesn't disturb me.

Major keys are hard to avoid sounding cheesy it's true, you've got around that pretty well I think. I'd make the melodic phrases a bit longer and more varied (slower/longer chord progression)

Thx for feedback, I'll try to figure out something. Everything is in audio tho, so gonna need to resample (and I'm too much of a pussy to pull myself to do that right now). Just added a few things today and tried to improve the quality, updated version:

Back
Top Bottom