THE WIP THREAD

yo peeps, i haven't commented on anyone else's (cos like everyones links are dead lol), but i wanna keep this thread alive, so new minimal/dark jungley roller vibe on this. let me know what you think guys :)

Very cool vibe you got on this one! Only thing that bothered me is the shaker in the intro being a bit too loud but i'm guessing this isn't your final mix. I'd love to hear a busier drum pattern later on in the track and I would add a vocal, but those are just my suggestions :p
Looking forward to hear the end result !

Very cool vibe you got on this one! Only thing that bothered me is the shaker in the intro being a bit too loud but i'm guessing this isn't your final mix. I'd love to hear a busier drum pattern later on in the track and I would add a vocal, but those are just my suggestions :p
Looking forward to hear the end result !
big ups mate, im deffo gonna get a busier drum pattern in there for sure, but i was struggling to find a vocal that sounded right

yo peeps, i haven't commented on anyone else's (cos like everyones links are dead lol), but i wanna keep this thread alive, so new minimal/dark jungley roller vibe on this. let me know what you think guys :)

Only listened at work but nice work man - definitely has the old school vibe going on! Kick is sounding heavy and I liked the snare sound being high. Could imagine this back in the day with some Redman lyrics sample over the top.

Hi All!

I just started back into producing after a very long break... like 5-6 years perhaps? But recently I listened to some liquid DNB and got really hook up to it which made me to put my hands again on DAW... so here's my first attempt but I got stuck afterwards, appreciate any feedbacks/collabs to finish up the track..

Nice bro I like it, my sort of dnb!
If you get a moment or if anyone else fancies a listen..

Liking the idea you have going JungleFever, I've always been a sucker for the minimal tech vibe! I'd just say it needs a lot more low end, a nice thick sub under that and just a little more variation with the drums and FX / Atmosphere. I'd probably say look for a really snappy rim shot for the snare with a splash of reverb! I'm a big fan of the mid bass you are using!

Here's something I'm working on at the moment.

I know jazz is disjointed and all that, but i think that piano needs a lot of work. Needs more dynamics in the playing and the timing needs to be tightened up. With such a hectic break it's a bit too much. There's also some really really low end stuff going on that i can hear up until the drums come in. It's clicking as well. If it's meant to be sub-bass, you could bring it up an octave I think and lower the attack to help with the clicking. Liking the drum work but it could do with fattening up and bringing forward in the mix. Kick is nice. Overall I can see what you're going for and with a bit of work, could be a nice jazzy track :)

Last edited:
Hi guys, coming back to producing (well trying too) after some changes in personal life.
I had a thread going somewhere with needing help on a tune but have since canned that one but am working on this, not all my own work sound design on vst wise and is mostly sample based.
I would like some info if I could about what could be done (I'm sorry I am crap at this sort of thing but love trying.
Anyway thanks for taking the time to read/listen.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read/listen.

Hey bud, alright so right off the hop i feel like you could do more w. the tremolo bit in your intro, even just opening it up and closing it a bit, just to give it some variation. Once the tune got to the vocal samples and the riser i felt like it progressed nicely.

That wobble is nice though. Vocal sample is great. Snare doesn't feel like its popping as hard as it could, maybe a bit of EQ/different sample? but that wobble-to-drop business. whoa. love it. The drop did get a bit repetitive after a bit, maybe work on throwing some variation in there somewhere.. around 1:50 into the tune.

Overall though, definitely finish this one, its a banger!

Cheers for the reply mate and will take on some of your suggestions.
Should tell you more to give you/others an understanding.
Using FL studio 11 and have been since 8 on and off, never really got to grips with using much of what it has to offer it's just a pick up and try thing that when I get pee'd off with it I leave it alone for long periods.
Just working off my laptop with a pair of sennheiser HD205's, so I guess everything sounds rosy to me (will invest in some better equipment at some point) but suspect I'm being lied too lol.

As for this track most of it was done using samples from well known DNB sample packs just thrown on the channels and chopped/decrease length of samples (the bass is 3 seperate bass loop samples) the break is just one sample rearranged (apart from hats)

I should get some screen shots and show you how I'm working with it.

Again thanks for your input it is much appreciated.

Deffo keep at it man, sound design is fooooking mission but it's worth it when you get there! Your drums don't have any verb on the bus i dont think, this will gel them together better. Also they don't really suit the tune, maybe use a reference track of a tune you like the sound of and find similar drums to match the sound design. Hope that helps!

Got this new bit on the go that's been getting some good feedback so figured i'd post it here as I havent done since I started the thread! All me this one, not a GC ting so I'll probs sling it out for free when its finished (y) Dunno if this is worth mentioning but this is my first tune solely on headphones too. Got ATH-M50Xs and I fooooking love em, highly recommended for the money!

Like where this is going! Drums and percs need to be more forward in the mix. Try layering a Kick and Snare over the break?

Here is something i've been working on but can't get right. Just can't seem to get the mixdown right with the Sax & Piano. Also feel like there it's lacking that one last sound. Any help is appreciated! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom