The WickedSickPhatNasty Thread

I think maybe taking this a step further and just keep adding drop box links to stems and samples to this thread, to put together a dnbforum EP would be an amazing endeavor. I did this with digital art and the book (biomech encyclopedia http://www.guyaitchison.com/biomech_encyclopedia.html). It can get a little messy at times, but if everyone keeps up with the thread and knows whats going on, it'll work out just just fine.

Every time the track gets passed to someone, it'll be stemmed out. This will help any problem of DAW to DAW transfer. Labeling every stem will help confusion as well.(Track name/Stem Name/Track KEY/Track BPM)

With drums, it would be good to separate the kick, snare and hats at least.

If you're using three different tracks for bass, they might as well be bounced to one. . . .Fx should be one track. . . .synths and pads, one track. That'll help keep it simple, instead of having 20 stems.

We could make a hand full of tracks and vote on the ones good enough for the ep. not to mention the amount of exposure with all of us promoting it when its finished.

any thoughts?

I think that's a great idea, it could well combine up with the WIP thread. Hear a tune that someone can't finish (and isn't too precious about!) and ask for the stems to be shared in this thread......or something. I actually finished a tune from the first WSPN project, I took some of Spyres stems and went off on a tangent. Keeping to stems for sharing is better (but gets large) Each tune (mini project) could have it's own folder in dropbox. I remember last time there were a lot of ableton projects being shared which got kind of hard to follow
This was the tune btw,:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom