The D&B Forum Producer List:

Ah yes i've heard this tune before, didn't know what to call it
Good stuff

Not that I don't like jump up but
A little more interesting then jump up I must say, at least with neuro I could keep listening to it for a long time and not get a headache

i find liquid the hardest to make personally as im never happy with soft soundin synths an pads i always end up distorting em them i just scrap the tune all together

i find liquid the hardest to make personally as im never happy with soft soundin synths an pads i always end up distorting em them i just scrap the tune all together

To be honest, when you apply some pretty simple formulas to any sub genre i suppose it makes it easier. The hard part is figurin out the formula and putting it into practise. The best way of making a good tune is taking that formula and twisting it up a bit.

To be honest, when you apply some pretty simple formulas to any sub genre i suppose it makes it easier. The hard part is figurin out the formula and putting it into practise. The best way of making a good tune is taking that formula and twisting it up a bit.

spot on breadbin... i can make jump up easier as a) i know all the nuences and b) my sound & patch library is jump up influenced ;)

Although I like All parts of D and B, I have my prefernces, that being dancefloor/liquid stuff but I also love the grime.

I do like jump up... but find it WELL hard to make and find liquidy stuff, with more going on easier to make. Theoretically, it should be more difficult to make as seems to have more going in.

I think it all depends on your passion and what you love. E.G. someone that loves off neuro may find it hard to make wobble and a piece of piss to make neuro and vise versa. Its what you know and love I reckon

I can't really call myself a producer as I'm such a noob to this.

Influence wise, there's a lot of guys on the DnB side of things like - Ed Rush Optical, Matrix, Dom Roland, early BC and Tech itch. Albums like, Torque, Wormhole, Diagnostics and Inside the Machine, etc.

Anything I try to create would be "Dark" and heavily influenced by the guys I've said. I'm still into those vicious sounds of tracks like "Damn Son" and "Amtrak".

I also, have a lot of other influences that would come into my production, but would be then funneled into a Dark DnB style. As I sing (or growl in key) for a Punk band I'll definitely, at some, point in the future, lay over some growling vocals to my tracks, something like God Flesh did for the track "Defiled".

As long as it's very Dark and DNB I'm interested! :)

gonna try my hand at some liquid over the next week or so
duno what ill come out with tho!lol

I'm making a jump up(ish) track at the mo.

will post up a WIP example in a bit

good stuff

ive already kinda started a bit of liquid its quite hard to make!lol
dunno what shud go were think i mite just go for the bass strings combo!lol

Posting this cos of Ritchie's 50ft Woman thread int he New Talent/Track Section:
I'd stick neomind in the skullstep category ;)
and don't forget about the guys at DeadSound, they sometimes upload their tunes here too. Bigups for them VickVega and JosephTorne :slayer:

My first aim was jump-up and dancefloor lol...
every tune in here http://soundcloud.com/jotask8bdr are the first ones I made and each of them is a different genre, with lots of subliminal messages to people round my circle of friends lol...
to just say, SeaHorse tells a the relationship with one gf i had for 4 years... SeaHorses are loyal to their partners, it ends wrong with dissonances, because she cheated on me :laughin:
now I'd like to put myself just called Drum and Bass but yeah, more like darkstep/skullstep.
Even thought almost every tune I have is in the subgenre, Technoid.

I'll take advantage of this to say, this is a great forum, great people and great upcoming producers around here for shizzle!

Back
Top Bottom