Technics Faceplates?

Sneaks

Basically, I've ended up with one 1200 and one 1210 and the colour difference is pissing me off. Don't wanna splash out on a pro paint job, and I doubt that I could find somewhere to get it done here anyway. Only alternative is to order some faceplates off eBay.

Anyone ever used/seen/bought them before? Not really worth forking out 100 quid for the pair (inc. delivery) if they're just gonna end up looking shit.

This is the sort of thing I'm on about, although I haven't really thought about colours yet.

1000x1000.jpg

Literally just a case of sliding it on over the turntable. What do you reckon?

to be honest.
they are pretty gash mate. i've seen some and they spoil what is already a aesthetically pleasing bit of kit and make it look cheap.
instead of buying the covers, i would try searching for technics parts and buy a new top case of one of your tunrtables so it matches the other.
give mistanoise on here a shout. he probably has technics parts coming out of his ears and should be able to advise better than i can.

Ahh nice one mate. Yeah had a feeling someone might say that.

Would be up for replacing the top cover bit, but from what I gather, that's a pretty heavy duty job, no?

Can't say I trust myself to take a deck apart and put it back together without completely writing it off.

probably easier to find someone to swap a deck with ? :D

i have some blue plates i got with my my decks when i bought them, never put them on as they seem quite loose and dont really look good

Can't say I trust myself to take a deck apart and put it back together without completely writing it off.

its much easier than you think. i bricked it first time i took one apart to replace the pitch. plenty of detailed videos out there to follow from.

Yeah nice one for the replies everyone.

Probably would just be better to find a matching TT and flog one of them, but they are fucking impossible to find in Korea! Guess I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled.

Back
Top Bottom