Technics 1210 Vs Vestax PDX Vs Numark TTX

Back to the real debate, TTX's can do all of this, plus you can swap the pitch and the 33/45 buttons, so when you turn the deck round, the tone arm doesn't get in the way of your scratching.,

Plus they look nicer.

true but at the end of the day theyre just not technics.

nah if i didnt have technics i wud have ttx's fo shaw!!!!

:rolleyes: Me and you are going to get along just fine! :D

So which do you prefer then? A&H or Pioneer?

Pioneer..... dont like the way a A&H is layed out.... in fact theres quite alot of things i dont really like about the A&H but right now i cant think of any.... i had a little bit of a moan the other night after playing at a club which had one.... i think one of the moans was about monitoring.... not being able to listen to both tracks in the headphone at once...?? but they may just have been me not knowing how to use the damn thing properly

The TTX's customisable pitch/speed position and dual start/stop button are pretty handy for turntablists.

How much did you pay for them Phat?

That's just it, they're not 'Technics' the industry standard. I said previously i prefer mixing on technics, but im 100% happpy with my decks still. They all do the same thing.

It's not what equipment you've got anyway, it's how you use it.

This thread sucks dick.

Edit: I paid 750 with a mixer about 4/5 years ago.

Still pleased i got them.

Pioneer..... dont like the way a A&H is layed out.... in fact theres quite alot of things i dont really like about the A&H but right now i cant think of any.... i had a little bit of a moan the other night after playing at a club which had one.... i think one of the moans was about monitoring.... not being able to listen to both tracks in the headphone at once...?? but they may just have been me not knowing how to use the damn thing properly

Which one were you using? The 62 or 92?

That's just it, they're not 'Technics' the industry standard. I said previously i prefer mixing on technics, but im 100% happpy with my decks still. They all do the same thing.

It's not what equipment you've got anyway, it's how you use it.

This thread sucks dick.

Edit: I paid 750 with a mixer about 4/5 years ago.

Still pleased i got them.

I bet the mixer was appalling!?

Its amazing how cheap you can pick up a pair of second hand 1210's now.

I bet the mixer was appalling!?

Its amazing how cheap you can pick up a pair of second hand 1210's now.

Got it all brand new, mixer was ok numark dxm06.

Im considering selling before i go to uni to grab some technics off a mate and buy a new mixer though.

Which one were you using? The 62 or 92?

Xone 62 if my memory serves me right...

i generally dont like them.... but had a little fiddle with a 92 a few months back...loved it....

Mixers i tend to go for the opposite of what id look for in a deck..... Features arent really something i look for.... i mean... i have the DJM 600... which has got its fair share of them but the build quality i think is much better than the xone 62.... cant really say much about the 92... as ive only really had a 10/20 min fiddle with.....

I have xone 92 and the build quality is a lot better than the 62. There is a separate VCA filter for each side of the crossfader, the crossfader circuitry is active as opposed to passive in the 62 meaning faster response time plus its a penny and giles crossfader and you have a crossfader curve rotary dial instead of a button. The cueing system is lot better as well.

wow, this got out of handy really quickly

look, i'll settle this for you.

these vestex pdx are good yeah, i've used some. the torque was actually insane, i liked the fact that the pitch was +10 (instead of +8 on techs) but this also meant you had to be UBER precise when locking in the beat.
the only problem i found was that the pitch fader wasn't very very responsive. it felt like it was always a fraction of a second behind where i wanted it to be. maybe it was just the shoddy pair i was using :razz:

ok, you can remove the cables, change the start/stop speed (don't really see the relevance of this) and you've got ULTRA PITCH! which is a cool idea. straight tone arm - does it really make that much difference? SAYING THAT! when i used them, i knocked the tone arm while i was bringing a tune in (whilst riding the pitch) something that's never happened on any curved arm i've used - interesting fact!

BUT!

technic 1210mkg's.

industry standard, for a reason..... you won't walk into a club and find any other deck. if you do, then. well. fuck me, gutment for ye.
they got removable cables. you can change the platter stop/start speed. they've got the +8/+16 function (and you'd never need more than +16 [when mixing dnb]) curved tone arm etc
and out of all the decks i've used, the pitch fader actually feels like it's an extension of your brain, you react, and it does. it's very precise and easy to lock in a beat, that will hold and hold and hold until you decide to change it.

at the end of the day, it pretty much is down to preference. but if you're comparing decks, there more or less extactly the same, apart from a few minor features which give them their own individal character.

i think if you're serious about playing in clubs and stuff, i'd be silly not to go with the technics, because you'll be using them everywhere you go.
not to say that the pdx's aren't great. they're fine, but you'll never see a pair out in a club. aren't they made of plastic too? :crazy:

riisu's final thought for the day :

it's not the deck that matters, it's you. having either/or won't make you a better dj or a better person.
the only thing you can guarentee is, that if you have pdx's, you'll argue with everyone on the internet. if you want an easy life, but some 1210s.

BLAH!

wow, this got out of handy really quickly

look, i'll settle this for you.

these vestex pdx are good yeah, i've used some. the torque was actually insane, i liked the fact that the pitch was +10 (instead of +8 on techs) but this also meant you had to be UBER precise when locking in the beat.
the only problem i found was that the pitch fader wasn't very very responsive. it felt like it was always a fraction of a second behind where i wanted it to be. maybe it was just the shoddy pair i was using :razz:

ok, you can remove the cables, change the start/stop speed (don't really see the relevance of this) and you've got ULTRA PITCH! which is a cool idea. straight tone arm - does it really make that much difference? SAYING THAT! when i used them, i knocked the tone arm while i was bringing a tune in (whilst riding the pitch) something that's never happened on any curved arm i've used - interesting fact!

BUT!

technic 1210mkg's.

industry standard, for a reason..... you won't walk into a club and find any other deck. if you do, then. well. fuck me, gutment for ye.
they got removable cables. you can change the platter stop/start speed. they've got the +8/+16 function (and you'd never need more than +16 [when mixing dnb]) curved tone arm etc
and out of all the decks i've used, the pitch fader actually feels like it's an extension of your brain, you react, and it does. it's very precise and easy to lock in a beat, that will hold and hold and hold until you decide to change it.

at the end of the day, it pretty much is down to preference. but if you're comparing decks, there more or less extactly the same, apart from a few minor features which give them their own individal character.

i think if you're serious about playing in clubs and stuff, i'd be silly not to go with the technics, because you'll be using them everywhere you go.
not to say that the pdx's aren't great. they're fine, but you'll never see a pair out in a club. aren't they made of plastic too? :crazy:

riisu's final thought for the day :

it's not the deck that matters, it's you. having either/or won't make you a better dj or a better person.
the only thing you can guarentee is, that if you have pdx's, you'll argue with everyone on the internet. if you want an easy life, but some 1210s.

BLAH!

Exactly.... and oh how i love to argue!! hahaha...

didnt know about the stuff you said about the mk5s (they the ones we use at Force??).... much prefer them over any other 1210s for the reasons you stated above....

My conclusion is.... Mk5s VERY GOOD.... PDXs VERY GOOD..... any other technics, GOOD but just dont cut the mustard for me really....

But like Riisu said.... it doesnt really matter what you've got... if your a good DJ then it doesnt matter what you jump on...

Ive had the pdx's for 3 years now or so and therey're fine. they are presice decks but if your used to them you can get them locked.....
However now i can just about finally spare the money i will be investing in technics because they are just the dogs bollox. Plus if i have 2 take my vestax 2 a party they are quite easy to break

didnt know about the stuff you said about the mk5s (they the ones we use at Force??).... much prefer them over any other 1210s for the reasons you stated above....

yeah man, mk5g's up there. i love 'em, think i prefer them to my decks at home!

oh, the g stands for GRANDMASTER.

so i'm not sure you should be allowed to use them :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom