Swingbeats, good or bad?

Andydextruss

Something
My apologies if this has been done to death, I'm new and was wondering what you all think of them.

Do you like whole tunes with them like Bodyrock or Lazybones (I think thats 1 innit?). What about tunes with the odd bit at the end of every 4 bars or whatever, eg, The Vault? And how about those with 1 whole drop like Think Crazy?

I personelly quite like em, but there getting overdone at the moment, and every tune with them in gets pigeonholed.

Andydextruss said:
My apologies if this has been done to death, I'm new and was wondering what you all think of them.

Do you like whole tunes with them like Bodyrock or Lazybones (I think thats 1 innit?). What about tunes with the odd bit at the end of every 4 bars or whatever, eg, The Vault? And how about those with 1 whole drop like Think Crazy?

I personelly quite like em, but there getting overdone at the moment, and every tune with them in gets pigeonholed.
They're all good I think.

If the tunes good it doesn't really bother me, drums are drums are drums.

If anything, it's time people started moaning about other drum patterns :teeth:

I think they are great, and i have noticed more of them true. heard some people say bodyrock wasnt 'proper drum'n'bass' when it first came around, but I think that is narrow

i think they are lush. although when mixing in / out, it can sound a bit dodge, even tho the records are pitched properly. I heard this lush swingbeat tune, got it I.D'ed on ere. Then went out and bought it

Jez Q - Voices.

ne1 know any other swingbeat tunes?

i personally think they are funny, like infrareds new release "swallow your soul", although it sounds odd when listening to on your cd-player, but when hearin it out in a club makes you dance like raver :thumbsup:

i like swingbeats, but on think crazy i prefer the 1st drop without the swingbeat. the swingbeat on another planet works really well as u can have a decent length mix rollin until 'suddenly there was a change'. the swingbeats on floodlight work really well imo. so swingbeats are all good, jus a shame u cant mix thru them

Looks like swing is the way to go then!

Producers! Set your sequencer to swing! :slayer:

They've definitely not been used to full potential yet!
Bodyrock was great and Vault used it real nicely but I thought the follow ups like lazybones and another planet were total pap

Serum said:
They've definitely not been used to full potential yet!
Bodyrock was great and Vault used it real nicely but I thought the follow ups like lazybones and another planet were total pap

Admittedly Another Planet is a little cheesy but I love it, and Lazybones is well heavy, I prefer it to Bodyrock really.

they probably havny reached theoir climax yet..i reckon some tune will come out with a killa beat in it to blow us away..
they are used a lot tho i hope producers arent just jumping on the band wagon....again!

i am a bit of a suckerf for them tho

All a bit of fun innit, which is important on the dancefloor - especially when tune-after-tune is rolled out as 4/4 or 2 step, when a swing tune comes in, the raver instantly knows to bop to the beat, an have a bit of a knees up and a laugh :rolf:

It gets slated by the pure-ist who grew up with a more intelligent, established form of dnb such as LiquidFunk an Tech-step because of the 'comical-side' of swing, But you gotta be honest, to dance too, you cant help but smile :miss_rep:

still find it ugly to mix with tho :D

All about in moderation - Temper D & K-fire 'Deflector', Mufflers tune on Hospital , the now classic 'Vault' & 'Floodlight' got the perfect balance imo

jay walker said:
All a bit of fun innit, which is important on the dancefloor - especially when tune-after-tune is rolled out as 4/4 or 2 step, when a swing tune comes in, the raver instantly knows to bop to the beat, an have a bit of a knees up and a laugh :rolf:

It gets slated by the pure-ist who grew up with a more intelligent, established form of dnb such as LiquidFunk an Tech-step because of the 'comical-side' of swing, But you gotta be honest, to dance too, you cant help but smile :miss_rep:

still find it ugly to mix with tho :D

dont get jay started on swing beats :crazy:

Swing Beats are bad, mkay, so don't do bad.

If you want good (according to me) then its all about a heavy 4/4 TR-909 drum machine backed by some sampled running breakbeats.

Back
Top Bottom