Super Clean Drums, eq and percussion..

So what do u ppl use to adjust the pitch of drums? I used to use Kontakt so i assume its something like that or Battery then just play up the keys to find the right pitch of the drums?

So what do u ppl use to adjust the pitch of drums? I used to use Kontakt so i assume its something like that or Battery then just play up the keys to find the right pitch of the drums?

If you are putting them directly into a piano roll just put them on a different key. Or alternatively if you are using a sampler there should be a transpose option.

start with good samples, only use compression if you know why your using it, electronic music is being ruined by people who rape compressors and limiters.

I always find subtle overdrive works fine, or i just beef it up with some gain on my sampler. many producers pitch up thier drums for that fast snap, clever eqing can help,
try soundtoys dual filter or filter 2 or whatever its called, modulates the eq with an envelope to get a sick snap. does take some playing with to get right though

does that work at yours? mine is introducing heavy, uncontrollable delay times.
Screen shot 2011-09-15 at 01.02.10.png

the vintage warmer? shouldn't do, heres some settings I used on some drums I was processing that got me a nice result, no delays, could possibly be to do with the output settings at the bottom..

as for amens looped samples it is hard to EQ properly as when you do your effectign the whole sample aswell rather than the one part you want to eq. Either try and make the amen with single hits and eq each part seperate or spectrum anaylse the loop see what needs amplifying. another good tip if you have the neccesery plugins is try fluctuating white noise over the high end of an amen to bring out that snap and brightness of them.

I posted something on this a little while ago which makes it possible (for logic users anyway) to help seperate and process different sounds in a break individually.. here it is again:

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?128859-A-little-tip-for-breaks-in-Logic&p=1088993#post1088993

Back
Top Bottom