DnB SUB Bass issues

I agree with you, just have to find a way to make it work cause that would seriously limit the ability to make melodies.

Unless you keep going F-F-F-F-A#-F-F-F-G with the sub while exploring the different combinations with other stuff happening in the song, and that have it's pitch audible. It's valid, yeah. But sometimes things sound too wrong when using 2nd and 7th notes together with any other note rather than the root.

Major scales aren't usually employed in drum 'n' bass, with most styles favouring the more melancholic minor scales to create a more serious mood. The more evil-sounding forms of DnB will also make use of the pentatonic scale. To construct this scale, remove the second and sixth notes of the natural minor scale - for A minor, that'd be B and F, leaving A C D E G.

The more evil-sounding forms of DnB will also make use of the pentatonic scale.
I guess the Dnb artists need to hang out more with black/death metal ones. The darkest sounding scale I've seen so far is the Hungarian (or Gypsy) Minor. Let's use your example of the A Pentatonic scale:

A, B, C, D#, E, F, G# or Whole, Half, Whole and a half, Half, Half, Whole and a half, Half

Back
Top Bottom