5. State of Mind & PNC - Return of the Prophet
6. State of Mind - Deeper Stories
7. State of Mind - Novocain Dub
8. State of Mind, Nymfo & DNME - Keep it Simple
9. State of Mind & Sacha Vee - Three Dimensions
10. State of Mind - Fucking Sellouts
11. State of Mind, Subsonik & 3pm - Somebody Stop Me
12. State of Mind - Punkd

Nil by Ear is State of Mind's third studio album, the first two being Take Control (Uprising) & Faster Than Light (SOM).

"This album represents the peak so far of our technical skills, it's carefully produced from start to finish," says group member Stuart Maxwell. "A lot of thought has gone into the flow of the album. This is one that can be listened too from beginning to end, as opposed to a collection of singles."

However that doesn't mean that State of Mind have forgotten about the 3am raver, almost all of the tracks have all been smashing it up world wide over the last six months in their own right.

Collaboration wise, the album features several of NZ's most talented vocalists including Shapeshifter's P.Digsss, Thomas Oliver, Sacha Vee, MC Woody & PNC, as well as American singer 3pm. The only production collaborators are Nymfo and DNME. Several other collaborations were planned for the LP, but in the end were unable to fit; these will be released as bonus tracks.

Nil by Ear is due for global release on April 11th. There will be a strictly limited number of CD / EP shrink-wrap bundles, and a follow up EP including some remixes and some more album cuts. Check out http://www.youtube.com/stateofmindnz for videos, trailers, and generally interesting stuff.

http://www.kmag.co.uk/editorial/news/state-of-mind-ready-nil-by-ear-lp

Good stuff :slayer:

Looking forward to this one, first two singles being out with videos on youtube already sound kinda cool. I just wish they would release their 2011 VIP of Sun King on some limited press edition, love the slight change of bassline.

Aww man, I was hoping for Trei to have some involvement. Thunder Biscuit was a massive tune! Still, looks like it could be big!

Back
Top Bottom