DnB Starting

Zimbas

hi , my goal is to learn how to produce & to mix tracks .

I don't have any gear yeat and was looking for someone who would advice me on how to and where to learn :S

what are the steps to do a remix ? what is the best daw for beginners ? and the all basic theory

thanks to the persons that awser :)

get some software and then you can watch some videos on youtube to know the basics, i use this thing called reaper, i swear its amazin but i only jst started aswell

hey man.a lot of people start off with fruity loops.i think going with ableton might be your best bet
there are so many tutorials online for it and from what i hear its amazing
daws dont really make a diffrence,it all comes down to your skillz

best DAW for beginners is whatever makes you comfy!! some people prefer fruity loops or reason to start on.

agreed youtube videos are a life saver. Get reading up some techniques and watching vids online ( we are all here to help )
and of course post tracks on here asking for feedback when you are comfortable with it!

most important have fun :D

:D thank you all for the support

I'm gonna start watching some youtube videos ( tutorials and stuff ) and reading some articles . I hope to have fun and maybe produce something :p

most important have fun :D

This is deffo the one.

Always gotta think 'im doing this because I enjoy it... and it makes girls wet for me.' (I like to tell girls im a music producer on nights out, then they come back and check the synth on my desk...then they tend to take their knickers off. Bit of a white lie never hurt anyone!)

Just plod away, Its unlikely you will be producing stonkers in the next few weeks so just enjoy the journey of learning new stuff. You tube is great if you can find the right stuff, but you may end up with lots of tutorials on making 'skrillex growl bass'.
Trawl the forum as well, some people put some great tips and bits they find up. Could have a look at dogs on acid forum and browse 'the grid' that's got TONNES of stuff on, but I tend to find its got as much junk as it does useful stuff.

As for the DAW, some of the free ones like reaper and stuff may be a decent look if your not sure on investing cash on something like ableton (then you can get a feel for producing). Whatever makes you feel comfortable/at home with at the end of the day tho.

:)

Thing to remember mate is it takes time :) I downloaded FL first about 18 months ago and its taken me that long to produce a tune I feel good enough to give out for free, thing to do is start out 100% software, only buying hardware as and when you need it (it won't automatically make you create better beats, just think of stuff like that as improving workflow!) I have only just bought a MIDI keyboard and in the market for monitors now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

The easiest "DAW" to use is definitely NI's Maschine.
I isn't a real daw but with the recent ability to host plugins it is actually everything you need.
In combination with Komplete 8 it is a killer set capable of nearly everything.
and the best part is 99% of the time the track is already properly mastered.
note: you don't actually need the maschine hardware.

you also asked about the steps to make a remix:
Just look around on the internet to find remix competitions, then you will also find stems.
stems are pieces of the tracks.
with a bit of puzzle work sometimes you can even create the original by putting the stems together.

With Maschine remixing is very very easy, you can use the stems in the same way as kicks and snare, you pick the place you want them to start and they start playing.
just make sure the BPM is correct.
here is a remix I made yesterday and I'll tell you exactly what I did.
(I will upload a new version though this one has a crackle in it)

- first I figured out what the BPM was, then I figured out how many beats each samples was
- made some drumlines
- picked some massive bass and lead presets which sounded awesome and tweaked the hell out of them.
- the first minute or so of the track are only the stems plus my drums, then when the stem samples end I added a sweep, a reversed crash and a drumbuild. then I introduced my own sounds.
- then after that I kinda did the first part again, only this time with a guitar on top of it and an extra subbass.
- then the break starts and I'm tired of typing xD

But I hope I gave you an idea of how stuff works.

really liking the support :D

So far i got : Reason 5 & PreSonus Studio one and still looking for Reaper.

If you guys have more tips or websites/videos with tutorials just leave them here xD
bulletstorm after i figure how to work with Reason i'll start doing that m8 , When doing a remix do you have to ask permission from the original author ?

There is no DAW for beginners, as such. All the top DAWS are complex but only because they are deep and can do so much.

If you want something literally for beginners, get Magix Music Maker or something like that, just a simple program where you put arrange pre-made loops.

If I were to recommend a DAW to someone new at producing, and they are on PC, I would say Reason because it's self contained and has everything you need. Other DAWS are great but you will need to buy some extra plugins to really get the most out of them. I have FL Studio and it's default effects and synths are not great. Reasons synths and effects are awesome, some of the best out there.

There is no DAW for beginners, as such. All the top DAWS are complex but only because they are deep and can do so much.

If you want something literally for beginners, get Magix Music Maker or something like that, just a simple program where you put arrange pre-made loops.

If I were to recommend a DAW to someone new at producing, and they are on PC, I would say Reason because it's self contained and has everything you need. Other DAWS are great but you will need to buy some extra plugins to really get the most out of them. I have FL Studio and it's default effects and synths are not great. Reasons synths and effects are awesome, some of the best out there.

yeah , i already got it , i got Reason 5 :D

@Zimbas,

You don't have to ask permission for a remix. especially when they hand out stems, that means they want you to remix their track haha.
but you're going with reason?
That is a very good program, but also a very complex one. I don't understand one bit of it xD
But I wish you good luck =D and be sure to share your tracks here!

yea,a friend recommended Reason .

it's gonna take a while and a lot of tutorials to figure it out but i will definitly post something here when it's done for some feedback and more tips :D

meanwhile just gonna ask questions to you guys , after all you are the pros :D

anyone knows a good free sample pack that i can start messing with ?

thank a lot to all of you and sorry for my bad english

Back
Top Bottom