Spin Doc / International Sound / 3rd Degree Gurns sound

i'd like to know too... whats the preset? I often hate the application of this sound in tunes but as matey says, it's good to have in your database!

would you say this to bad company or noisia or break or icicle or alix perez etc? they often use similar sounds as each other but no-one ever comments on that do they?

its a very good point, its just forum behavioir though, unfortunatley.

fuckin ell all that mither for that simple answer...i am interest in how its done, i like the sound and wouldnt mind havin a play with it...cheers...somethimes u get scared to asked anythin here for fear of gettin shot down...bad times.

fuckin ell all that mither for that simple answer...i am interest in how its done, i like the sound and wouldnt mind havin a play with it...cheers...somethimes u get scared to asked anythin here for fear of gettin shot down...bad times.

thats why i just stick to the waffle section my friend! i do occasionally wander over to prodiction/talent review... but it seems to be run by people who ride very tall horses... :confused:

but bad times? nah, most/all forums are like this, to elitist for thier own good?

Regards

hm? i try to help every time i can. not that many people "on high horses" here about imho.

not you ya muppet... just in general you post something about jump up and it gets bombarded by the tech/liquid folks moaning how it all sounds the same...

'or how do i make this' and you get the whole 'make your own sound'... (best analagy i can apply is jump up fans wouldn't go to a jungle thread and say 'ooh, those amen breaks aer samey, make something original')

i'm merely pointing out that i don't share much of an opinion with loadsa people on here... and in the above post when i said 'run by', i didn't mean mods/admin i meant the threads are over-run by...

but now i'm ranting, and this whole stupid debate is back! :boxing:

not you ya muppet... just in general you post something about jump up and it gets bombarded by the tech/liquid folks moaning how it all sounds the same...

'or how do i make this' and you get the whole 'make your own sound'... (best analagy i can apply is jump up fans wouldn't go to a jungle thread and say 'ooh, those amen breaks aer samey, make something original')

i'm merely pointing out that i don't share much of an opinion with loadsa people on here... and in the above post when i said 'run by', i didn't mean mods/admin i meant the threads are over-run by...

but now i'm ranting, and this whole stupid debate is back! :boxing:

i agree with this 100% but i guess people will just be people:rolleyes:

Dang... looks like this thread is getting frisky.

I'm going to go out on a limb and ask why the OP didn't post an example of the sound he's after?

Am I supposed to automatically know what this "overused sound" sounds like?:clown:

i can see where rhys is coming from, and he means well. but its the old debate of innovating,not using presets and blah blah blah. at the end of the day, its down to personal choice, AND the goal you're trying to achieve. you want to have fun with some popular sounds ? get your presets on. you want to break new grounds ? use the one preset that does that: initialise.
either way is good, no need to bicker about it. (y)

Maybe I went in a little hard, but it's a completely rinsed and boring sound.

Too many sheep, not enough Shepards.

Laters.

Maybe I went in a little hard, but it's a completely rinsed and boring sound.

Too many sheep, not enough Shepards.

Laters.

freedom of speech bro... never liked the sound to begin with myself (same as the bit crushed 'yeah') but it is interesting to see how these sounds are 'made', reverse engineering can be very valuable to ones understanding of synthesis....

, reverse engineering can be very valuable to ones understanding of synthesis....
this is an extremely useful method of learning, and one that many people keep forgetting. and why reverse engineer only synths? chop some known breaks from dnb tunes, locate the original, and try to match it in terms of dynamics and frequency content. im not saying use it in a tune, but purely as a learning tool. who knows, you may find a setting that sounds nothing like the production you're examining, but you love anyway. if you do that, you just found your own sound. congrats, and make sure you put a good word for me when you go global (y)

this is an extremely useful method of learning, and one that many people keep forgetting. and why reverse engineer only synths? chop some known breaks from dnb tunes, locate the original, and try to match it in terms of dynamics and frequency content. im not saying use it in a tune, but purely as a learning tool. who knows, you may find a setting that sounds nothing like the production you're examining, but you love anyway. if you do that, you just found your own sound. congrats, and make sure you put a good word for me when you go global (y)

this is true... one thing i have been doing is trying to make my own breaks by 'copying' existing loops. ie get said loop and chop, cut and rearange appropriatly then try and make the same pattern in a drum rack/machine... this way you can then have absolute control over said break, rather than manipulating a loop of audio.

i find this easiest to do at 1/2 dnb tempo, slowing the break right down to get the timing/groove of the hits right then speed back up to match velocity, timbre and attack.

Back
Top Bottom