Speed Fluctuations

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
I'm using Numark TT2s and occasionally the turntables will speed up or slow down for a split second. Sometimes they do it a lot, sometimes not at all. Anyone else get this problem or know what may be causing it?

Sounds like they may be a little fucked mate. Were they brand new or second hand cus u could get them replaced if its the former. Or you might be able to get them serviced but either way you wont be able to mix properly.
Are they top of the range Numarks or are they there more basic ranges?? With cheap decks it can be expected but with good/ expensive ones its a no no lol

Alternitivly you could just buy Technics :shrug: lol.

dont know the model but if it has pitch buttons it could be a connection problem with one of them,
i'd take it to someone who knows, dont bother tryin to sort it out ur self

I think they we're fairly top of the range numarks, but yes they are second hand. I can mix alright most of the time, sometimes it's a bit irritating. I have suspicions it might be my phone signal fucking with them.

Yeah could be your phone signal. But you could still take them for a service. I think you can get it done for about £25 a deck or something.

Yeah could be your phone signal. But you could still take them for a service. I think you can get it done for about £25 a deck or something.

No, its not your phone signal!

Definitely not. Your motors are fucked or you have a problem with your electricity socket. If they're on the same socket and simultaneously fuck up, then you've got a problem with your house. If not, get them to a technician.

Next: my mix sounds crap, I think its my neighbour's wifi.

Dude, we got fucked. So that means new tables. Mine do the same thing and i got mine fresh out tha box dude. So Technics is the next step for me. But they are ok, but you have to manage your time on the pitch switch, and that sucks.... GOOD LUCK Bro.....

Back
Top Bottom