speaker buzzzzzzzzz

ventalationized

:wave:alright guys, i've just started recording from my decks to my laptop, and because its a laptop and me not having an external soundcard, i have to plug the lead into the MIC IN socket.

I know that i've got the leads set up right to my mixer, and the leads are a decent quality, but when i record a mix, if the sound gets above about 6 db, the speakers start buzzing thei tits off and making funny beeping noises. however when i take out the recording cable from my laptop, the sound's proper clear again :s

Could this have something to do with the whole "MIC IN" socket instead of the little blue one, (sound out?). if it is is there any way to get rid off the buzzing, preferably in a free or cheep way

cheers lads

Do yourself a favor and get an usb soundcard. Onboard soundcards are (usually) pure crap and using a mic in to record line sound is... adventurous. I doubt you will be able to record at any half-decent quality with that.
I can recommend the terratec aureon 5.1 usb mk2. It's about 50€.

The external card is a good idea. Also try recording off battery power instead of the power supply. Laptop power supplies are notorious for inducing hum.

The external card is a good idea. Also try recording off battery power instead of the power supply. Laptop power supplies are notorious for inducing hum.

This!

As above get an external soundcard. Don't need to spend too much. I got one when I started playing on internet radio cos the digital analogue converter on my laptops card couldn't handle live streaming.

Back
Top Bottom