Someone please record Friction tonight!

First, I'd like to point out he has played at least 3 Shogun Audio tunes, from which I consider 2 to be fucking awesome. Second, it was UKF gig, so it's kinda expectable he won't be playing all deep set. Last but not least, you moaners should fuck off really. The set he played is killer one. I'm not into jump up really, but I really like the way he's mixing and I've enjoyed it. Nothing wrong about keeping his mixes diverse and fresh either.

Well said mate.

I'm the same as you in a way.If i like a set i like a set, i don't care if it's not all upfront dubs, deep & dark or what ever!

Frictions my favourite DJ... but he has to stop playing crap... Hes the best at what he does when he does Shogun Styled Sets... but hes like a mix of a poor Andy C and any other Jump up Dj when he does Jump up sets... it annoys me soo much because hes a lot better than that.... KEEEP IT SHOGUN!

Think he feels he'll get slated if he plays darker / neuro tunes at big raves like Random Concept etc. but I mean Andy C, Hype etc. do and the crowd don't complain he needs to show the hoi polloi that there's more to DnB than wank dancefloor and Original Sin's jump up tunes.

First, I'd like to point out he has played at least 3 Shogun Audio tunes, from which I consider 2 to be fucking awesome. Second, it was UKF gig, so it's kinda expectable he won't be playing all deep set. Last but not least, you moaners should fuck off really. The set he played is killer one. I'm not into jump up really, but I really like the way he's mixing and I've enjoyed it. Nothing wrong about keeping his mixes diverse and fresh either.

I see your point

But come to London and see him do 2 hours at Cable on a Shogun night and you'll see why people prefer his sets there

I see your point

But come to London and see him do 2 hours at Cable on a Shogun night and you'll see why people prefer his sets there

Hopefully I'll get the chance. I would probably also prefer all-Shogun selection. But I don't like people saying it's crap just because he played some jump up and more dancefloor orientated tunes. Still, as I've said before, it's good he's able to pull out both, deserves respect not hating.

Rough setlist for Icicle b2b Spectrasoul:

Break & Die - Slow Down VIP
>>> Misanthrop - Sidereal
Jubei - Patience VIP
????? (sick track)
?????
?????
?????
????? (i know what this fucking tune is! arghhh)
?????
Need For Mirrors - Type 4
Icicle - Dreadnaught Ft. SP:MC
?????
Kamanchi - It's A Trap
>>> Total Science & S.P.Y - Gangsta
Icicle - I Feel U
Ed Rush & Optical - Medicine (Matrix Remix)
?????
?????
Data - Sentinel
?????
Enei - Z Grab
Noisia & Phace - Program (reload)
Friction & K-Tee - Set It Off (Icicle Remix)
Krakota - Be Myself
?????
Icicle Ft. Robert Owens - Redemtion (Alix Perez Remix)

someone help sort out these blanks!

Rough setlist for Icicle b2b Spectrasoul:

Break & Die - Slow Down VIP
>>> Misanthrop - Sidereal
Jubei - Patience VIP
????? (sick track)
?????
????? (sounds like spectrasoul?)
????? isn't this No! by Phace & Rockwell? not sure
????? (i know what this fucking tune is! arghhh)
Digital - Deadline (Dub Phizix booty)
Need For Mirrors - Type 4
Icicle - Dreadnaught Ft. SP:MC
>> Spectrasoul - Alibi
Kamanchi - It's A Trap
>>> Total Science & S.P.Y - Gangsta
Icicle - I Feel U
Ed Rush & Optical - Medicine (Matrix Remix)
?????
?????
Data - Sentinel
?????
Enei - Z Grab
Noisia & Phace - Program (reload)
Friction & K-Tee - Set It Off (Icicle Remix)
Krakota - Be Myself
?????
Icicle Ft. Robert Owens - Redemtion (Alix Perez Remix)

someone help sort out these blanks!

big set!

Think he feels he'll get slated if he plays darker / neuro tunes at big raves like Random Concept etc. but I mean Andy C, Hype etc. do and the crowd don't complain he needs to show the hoi polloi that there's more to DnB than wank dancefloor and Original Sin's jump up tunes.

you say that but his inno in the dam sets fairly dark and heads were still going sick

friction at the most recent shogun at cable was probably the best set ive ever heard whereas I just skipped through most of this one...
but as he was playing after the cheese masters themselves, LE and HC, and at a UKF event it's not all that surprising he wasn't drawing for all the deep dark gritty rollers

But I don't like people saying it's crap just because he played some jump up and more dancefloor orientated tunes.

Oh come on you don't see my point? He run's a label with artists like Icicle, Spectrasoul, Alix P. & Rockwell and they make the big part of it and he doesn't play a single tune of them because the crowd is more dancefloor orientated? Mix it up ffs! It's not like the people gonna leave when he plays one or another of these tunes... Sorry but I don't get it.

Hopefully I'll get the chance. I would probably also prefer all-Shogun selection. But I don't like people saying it's crap just because he played some jump up and more dancefloor orientated tunes. Still, as I've said before, it's good he's able to pull out both, deserves respect not hating.

still a bit shit though no matter how you word it

Okay, it's your call. I just say I've enjoyed his mixing and I wasn't dissapointed by tune selection either. Anyways what HC b2b LE did there was absolutely beyond me. No mixing at all, mashing tunes over each other, pure shit. Goldie did the same in fact, but at least a bit more decently and I suppose he was totally high or something, but no excuse for this lame Hospital b2b.

:word:

Dunno what all the debate is about really; yeah it's not quite up to Shogun-at-Cable-of-late standard but it's still a solid mix. (Plenty of dubs / some nawty double drops etc etc, what more do you want?) :slayer:

To be fair though, Friction could probably stand on a chair and play a tambourine for two hours and I'd still wanna knock one out.

Ahem.

Plenty of girating too

I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

There was definitely no cryptic message in my last post btw. None whatsoever.

I had no idea Tony Coleman was such a junglist at heart! He's definitely gained himself another fan. On the negative side they're both pretty whack dj's. Who's the best dj in the Hospital camp.

Back
Top Bottom