so happy!!! finally got the artwork for my album! (rate it pls)

moonglow359

spectacular was the word to be used when I first saw it, my long time friend sorted me out with this

physical copy available for 8e, shipping worldwide

will be on itunes on monday and all other stores (it's on junodownload now but artwork isn't updated and it's missing an extra track for now so rather not link you there now)

here's the artwork, what do you think?

moonglow-359-the-eyes-of.jpg

this guy rules.. words can't describe how happy I am and I thought he completely forgot about me since we last talked about artwork

p.s. there's an secret 14 track no listed there ;)

7/10. Nice imagery but I don't like the typography. Got a link to your music?

I thought it fits. yeah man I got a few choons online but release will be tomorrow juno and monday itunes and others. and around the 20ish of august I'll have the physical cd's

secret track (14)

here's a true trip hop one

a weird one, it's maybe dubstep , but then it wasn't meant to be dubstep when I was making it so I don't consider it dubstep

and some instrumental hip hop

there are others track on the album of course but will have previews soon of the others

i say 0/10 for the artwork cause its stolen and it should at least have your skyrim character on there too... Whats the 359 stand for btw? congrats on the release, are you putting it out yourself??

i say 0/10 for the artwork cause its stolen and it should at least have your skyrim character on there too... Whats the 359 stand for btw? congrats on the release, are you putting it out yourself??

lol I am so confused. :)
How can you legally sell your product with stolen artwork? If you're in need of an original graphic designer I can point you in the right direction.

lol I am so confused. :)
How can you legally sell your product with stolen artwork? If you're in need of an original graphic designer I can point you in the right direction.

shhhhh don't call the cops on me lol... anyway the pic is from the game skyrim of course, but who careS? I'm not going to sell enough to anyway hurt the software house. 100%

@Labrat
Whats the 359 stand for btw? congrats on the release, are you putting it out yourself??

thanks yeah the pic is obv. from skyrim and just a bit modelled and chopped, but I like it

the 359 is a bit of a long story, let's say in the 359 numbers, there's a bird and there's a constellation , it's taken from Wolf359 , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_359

'' Wolf 359 is a red dwarf star that is located in the constellation Leo, near the ecliptic. At a distance of approximately 7.8 light years from the Earth, it has an apparent magnitude of 13.5 and can only be seen with a large telescope. Wolf 359 is one of the nearest stars to the Solar System; only the Alpha Centauri system (including Proxima Centauri) and Barnard's Star are known to be closer. Its proximity to Earth has led to its mention in several works of fiction. ''

as for the release, I'm putting it out myself yeah, along with CD release too (my friends are great and they're all buying it for 10e a copy, proper printed n stuff), and got a few orders from some local forums n stuff...

I use awal.com for itunes and other stuff, while I have a deal with junodownload.com separately...

But I will earn a not bad amount the most from physical CD's, have to see how the itunes thing goes!

here's the preview of the WHOLE album!

actually if anyone from here randomly gets to like it enough, I ship worlwide, accepting paypal, physical copies next week!

juno link here, itunes on monday : http://www.junodownload.com/products/the-eyes-of-a-wizard/1972015-02/

but I suggest you all to get CD's !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Devils advocate here, but how are people going to slate him for sampling imagery on a forum about a musical genre based largely on sampling?

a bit lol argument. I said it is from Skyrim, however it's not a straight rip off , he's done some work on it obviously. And sorry guys, but he is very expensive and is a very busy guy, I got this as a favor as we are long time friends, if I'd ask him to do something from scratch, the prices start at 400e onwards. Mind you, the printing costs too, I wouldn't go through so well CD wise if I invested so much in this.

I'm underground, and the CD's are mostly for people I know.. Betshesda earned lots of millions, I highly doubt there is any serious issue, and the artwork is exactly like I wanted it, something about wizards and I like it.

I repeat, since I had a ton of expenses, I couldn't afford 400e+ artwork, would you go for some random image or this then in my place? I am very thankful to the guy anyway, he modified it pretty good.

About the sampling in drum'n'bass.. I have to say it's funny when dnb samples a lot of stuff, while a dnber samples another dnb song, shitstorm ensues (like that john b accident with up all night remix (which was much better than the original)) ... he wasn't too happy about them americans sampling the tune and unofficially remixing it.

other than that, I didn't sample much in this album, only 2 tunes have samples. And it's not even DNB, it's trip hop, which is mostly samples with other artists, while I program my own synths and beats.

Image is from SKyrim... no editing done to it what so ever. The swirls that he has over layed on the image from skyrim... is also another grpahic design artists work. I have seen it before... and if i done a short bit of googling im sure i can find it again.... if im not mistaken it is usually black backgreound with and the orb is in blue/white...

similar to this...

lens18130759_1333563584aa_a__a.png

"through the eyes of a wizard" with a picture of Whiterun from Skyrim. Im surprised you havent got a tune called "Arrow to the knee". Or maybe... throw a red herring in there and put your WOW charactor as your logo... im assuming you play WOW of course.

Anyway.. ill stop taking the piss.

Basically mate. You have potentially 3 copywrite claims against you.

1. Bethesda
2. Original artist who designed the Swirling Orb
3. Dido's record label.

Although you are not selling many... you are still selling. So you are making a profit from someone elses work and/or name. I mean... featuring Dido.... surely you know who she is!??? or is it a track which you sampled!? in which case its not featuring. if you have used her vocals to such extent that it could be considered a remix... name it a remix... or... just drop the featuring Dido thing altogether. If it someone you know who has called themselves Dido.... well..... id tell them to change their name a little. Becuase essentially.... if a hardcore dido fan saw this... they may buy it on the merit that its going to be Dido.... which in its self can cause you problems with copywrite etc etc.

Of course i am/we are all just being over dramatic and 9 times out of 10 no one will ever know. But just be careful me ol' mucker.

But yeh... sorry to blow you down man. good work on getting an album together. Shoot a copy over and ill give it a listen.

Also... John B "up all night remix". As everyone would know... John B is very active in replying to emails and messages and used to be very active on AIM. A few years back i asked to remix Up All Night... he said yeh... go ahead.... but no officially.... so what your saying about him not liking that... the issue is probably with them releasing it/playing it out to the public without his permission or prior warning.

a bit lol argument. I said it is from Skyrim, however it's not a straight rip off , he's done some work on it obviously. And sorry guys, but he is very expensive and is a very busy guy, I got this as a favor as we are long time friends, if I'd ask him to do something from scratch, the prices start at 400e onwards. Mind you, the printing costs too, I wouldn't go through so well CD wise if I invested so much in this.

I'm underground, and the CD's are mostly for people I know.. Betshesda earned lots of millions, I highly doubt there is any serious issue, and the artwork is exactly like I wanted it, something about wizards and I like it.

I repeat, since I had a ton of expenses, I couldn't afford 400e+ artwork, would you go for some random image or this then in my place? I am very thankful to the guy anyway, he modified it pretty good.

About the sampling in drum'n'bass.. I have to say it's funny when dnb samples a lot of stuff, while a dnber samples another dnb song, shitstorm ensues (like that john b accident with up all night remix (which was much better than the original)) ... he wasn't too happy about them americans sampling the tune and unofficially remixing it.

other than that, I didn't sample much in this album, only 2 tunes have samples. And it's not even DNB, it's trip hop, which is mostly samples with other artists, while I program my own synths and beats.

doesnt cost much to do some exploring with a camera and take a cool photo

Back
Top Bottom