Skwiffer - Rood FM Guest Mix - May 2013

skwiffer

VIP Junglist
Hello everyone,

I was on a friend's radio show the other day. We tried recording but had technical difficulties, so I thought I'd record this. It's pretty much the same, but with a few extra tracks in. It's quite a varied mix of tracks, although I don't think it's too different to my usual mixes, if at all. The show normally plays dubstep, grime, juke, footwork etc. so I was doing a little showcase for drum & bass, as it were. It's all done on vinyl (I can't bring myself to move on to Traktor or anything else just yet). There's a few mistakes, but I'm happy with it overall. I hope you like it and any feedback is great.

Also, if you like dubstep, grime and general "bass" music, then check out the show with Neffa T & Aphix, www.rood.fm, Tuesdays 10-12pm. It's a really good show.

Mortem - The Touch - IM Ltd
Calibre - Clipper Man - CIA
Calibre - The Void - Grey Audio
Zinc - Twelve - Bingo
Spectrasoul - Guardian - Metalheadz
Bungle - Aura - Soul:r
Breakage - Cooper - Critical
S.I.N. & Mutated Forms - Right Now - Spearhead
Jubei - Alignment - Metalheadz
Skeptical - Cold One (Jubei Remix) - Ingredients
Digital & Spirit - Phantom Force - Phantom Audio
Eastcolors - Watch Out (Enei Remix) - Symmetry
Ulterior Motive - Featherweight - Subtitles *tease*
Total Science - Trespass - Blackout
Calibre - Mr Maverick - Signagure
Foreign Concept & Bringa -Cemetery - Shogun Audio
John B - Up All Night - Metalheadz
Survival & Witness - Apache (Drum Intro Mix) - Dispatch *tease*

http://soundcloud.com/olly-skwiffer/skwiffer-going-in-rood-may

Yes yes really enjoyed this. I've been listening to a lot of liquid mixes lately. Think I may have to do one of my own in the near future. Will definitely be listening again. and big up for all vinyl!

Big up mate. Thanks for listening and for the feedback. Glad you liked it. Now the sun's coming out a bit more and the calibre album has just arrived I reckon I'll be doing a proper liquid mix soon.

Have to say it was a nice, tidy mix bro. My only issue was the switch to darker stuff (of which there was no problems with) I would of just liked to hear more of your liquid. Big ups.

Cheers for the feedback mate. I do tend to play a bit of a broad selection (maybe a bit too broad for a mix, at times) but I'm sure I'll do a more liquid based mix now that it's heading towards better weather. Thanks again for listening mate. I've got your's to listen to so will try and put it on today. Big up

lovely mix to wakeup to, really nice just rolling calm beats, great selection, kinda varied - first 25 mins had me proper zoned out, came to with the FeatherWeight mix and later played my all time favourite Up all Night and its the Epic Remix your playing there ;) for me would have ended well there, the last tune wasnt need i didnt think.. another tidy one from you anyways dude - look forward to the next !

Back
Top Bottom