Sidus - Mercury

you got all the right elements there, but somehow its not moving enough with that mixdown. youd need softer drums or a bigger drop. apart from that everything sounds kinda okay regarding youtube quality..

I'm having a listen now.

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Needs moar sub imo, the mixdown is very bland, everything sort of has its own place too much, there's nothing to capture your attention and make you go 'wow'. A vocal is always a sure way to do that, but that can be hard to make it into an original piece by using accapellas...

I don't know. There's nothing wrong with it, but it still doesn't have anything to remember it by. In the breakdown at the middle you have a nice simple synth stab coming up that caught my attention, but you take it away right after that :(

Sort of an instrumental version of a killer tune!

apologies on missing this mate, sounding solid... real nice liquid vibe on that. hm cant think of much to comment on, really nice tune, but maybe just needs a tiny little something like some vocals would sound wicked on this one. really like those bleeping noises after the 2 minute mark. wicked tune mate

I'm having a listen now.

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Needs moar sub imo, the mixdown is very bland, everything sort of has its own place too much, there's nothing to capture your attention and make you go 'wow'. A vocal is always a sure way to do that, but that can be hard to make it into an original piece by using accapellas...

I don't know. There's nothing wrong with it, but it still doesn't have anything to remember it by. In the breakdown at the middle you have a nice simple synth stab coming up that caught my attention, but you take it away right after that :(

Sort of an instrumental version of a killer tune!
Thanks for the feedback!

The synth in the breakdown is used throughout the whole tune, but an octave lower, more as a synthbass.
Any tips on how I can get the mixdown less bland? I thought it's good when everything has his place.. And vocals can be nice but good samples are hard to find, any tips for that, where I can find those or where I can search?

apologies on missing this mate, sounding solid... real nice liquid vibe on that. hm cant think of much to comment on, really nice tune, but maybe just needs a tiny little something like some vocals would sound wicked on this one. really like those bleeping noises after the 2 minute mark. wicked tune mate
Thanks!

Yeah the bleeping stuff was something new I wanted to work with, but creativity isn't on my side lately..
Again for the vocals, any tips on where I can find/search some good vocal samples?

Thanks again for the replies and for listening, keep 'em coming :) !

Back
Top Bottom