*SweetPea*

LADY VINYL
VIP Junglist
Roni Size and Reprazent with orchestra and choir

Part of Colston Hall's Opening Celebrations

Friday 25th September

8pm

£18

A one-off evening with Bristol's own world master of drum 'n bass. Commissioned especially for the celebrations, Roni Size is working with orchestrator William Goodchild on a piece that combines his own musical influences with that of his band Reprazent, Bristol's chamber orchestra The Emerald Ensemble and a choir.

Roni Size is renowned for melding the old with the new. Much of the acclaim he’s received during his award-winning career to date has centered around his blending of musical styles. His music is a dynamic blend of such influences as propulsive jungle beats, hip-hop, funk, soul and jazz accompanied by live drums and bass. This is the first time however, that he will engage with classical musicians, and in doing so, he will fulfill a long held ambition.

Speaking about the new commission and the process, Bristol born Size said: “It's an amazing opportunity to work with someone of William Goodchild's stature. This is about two musicians from opposite ends of the musical spectrum combining their knowledge to produce a piece of timeless music.”
Over the summer, Size and Goodchild are working closely to create this new commission leading to rehearsals with Emerald Ensemble - Bristol’s professional chamber orchestra and the choir.

Anyone else heard about this or planning on going?

Sounds oretty good to me! Roni Size, with Reprazent and an orchestra?!? I think it's a must really.

Nope, got gay gay gay gay work, and no money till the student loan gets in. :(

I'm mighty jealous you're going though, I hope you have a wicked time, and let me know how it goes :)

i shall give full details :D am gonna go to lakota i think after. a rare friday night off gotta make the most of it!

This was a wicked night out, been a long time since I've been out to any dnb nights.
They did a live mix of all the old fullcycle tunes all played live and mixed together, dynamite did a good job of getting everyone up on there feet and jumping around!
Shame it finished so early though.

Would like to get a cut on cd if they ever released something. :)

Back
Top Bottom