Rockwell - Reverse engineering

Apparently, 'presales' from Monday.

on sale now actually, pre-order business on Redeye. Probably going to do double the sales of normal Darkestral stuff because it's Rockwell...

edit:

just seen the new autonomic 12 as well. Riya- Seems Like. :love:

on sale now actually, pre-order business on Redeye. Probably going to do double the sales of normal Darkestral stuff because it's Rockwell...

edit:

just seen the new autonomic 12 as well. Riya- Seems Like. :love:

Indeed. :D
Any idea what's the b side of exit024, though? Consequence - Snakes & Skulls / ?

Fingers crossed for Love Hotel.

My bad, I meant Lover's Shell. second fav tune off fabriclive 50, after instra:mental - from the start
NOMIC002 - Riya - Seems Like / Life Cycles (feat. Skream)

press release
Artwork

Black Reverse Board sleeve, Bronze Pantone logo and text throughout, all sleeve and label information written backwards in keeping with the reverse concept. Cut in inside-out (record plays from centre label out to the edge) on a Scully Lathe. LIMITED EDITION PRESSING.

Release:

Less a best kept secret, now a fully fledged artist of the moment
Rockwell has been steadily building a reputation as one of the more progressive electronic artists around in 2010, with an ear for a different take on how to move dancefloors whilst also showing an adept ability at beat programming that is setting himself apart from his peers.

Darkestral finally release one of the most talked about tracks on underground forums (10K plus posts on a DOA) and unleash the bewildering `Reverse Engineering` - a track solely built from backwards parts, that has been delighting, confounding and confusing dancefloors the world over.

Coupled with the polar opposite beauty of `Everything (& U)`, which continues the Darkestral love for contrasting sides on releases, and was recently licensed to FabricLive52, this track marks a stamp of quality on the burgeoning minimalist dnb sound by adding the emotional layer that Darkestral aa sides have become known for.

dnt like it much, too experimental for me.. fairplay for the idea and fuckin sick production, but just a overly strange and experimental tune for me

I quite like it...

Havent heard many backwards tunes with tongue-clicks in them but this kind of grabs me. Not really dancefloor stuff though.

Maybe it needs someone like Htiek Yar to push it forward a bit...?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom