Recommend new good clownstep 12"s please

Good article on Wiki:

"
In recent days, Clownstep has come to have an entirely new meaning, one free of shame and misuse. On several select music-community websites, such as ACIDplanet, Clownstep is becoming much of what happy hardcore did to that genre in its time. This definition of Clownstep refers to happy Drum & Bass with the swing feel on the hats and/or other forms of percussion. Though this definition and style are not yet widely in use, it is becoming increasingly popular with music lovers, not just those who like D&B. Whether or not this sub-genre can survive commercially is yet another matter entirely."

I agree. Esp if I'm saying I want to buy such records then how could I be using it negativly. Duh!

Don't use the term clownstep for jump-up because that's an insult to the music & producers.

Its the dnb equivalent of using a racial epitaph, "Can anybody recommend me some of that n***** music?"

I guess thats why John B set up this T-shirt and coffee mug store. Hes so upset about this doncha know.....

http://www.clownstep.com/

yeh... but when your saying clown step do you mean ACTUAL! clown step.... as in tunes by producers like "S.M.O.K.E"??.... coz thats REAL clownstep!

although Hazard and everyone does have tendancies to go on the slightly cheezy side i wouldnt generalise them as being being "Clown Step"......

you really want to look towards people like.... Nero or s.m.o.k.e.... if you want full out cheese fest...... or maybe some of clips's stuff....

Seriously? I thought L.A. zombie was fucking sick

Wow, DnBforum's Serum makes clownstep too. Just added his white label to my cart. His release on Timeless is actually more my cup of tea but I want to make an all clownstep mix for the car.

Heres what I ended up with.....

SIZE, Roni "26 Bass" Full Cycle12 FCY 02011
---never got this when it came out, I always wished that I had. Goes good with clownstep too. Maybe this is pre-clownstep?

SHIMON & ANDY C "Body Rock" Ram12" RAMM 3411
----The original clownstep track! I always wished that I had bought this when it came out. I didn't because of all the negative reviews it got.

John B "Blandwagon Poos" POOS 111
----Is this clownstep? I don't think so but it is a funny track that full of energy.

MASTERS OF DISASTER "Halloween" Beatdisaster Germany12" BD 50711
----Not Dnb at all, this is the darkest techno track I've ever had the pleasure of hearing. I've been trying to get a copy for the past 3 years.

SPARX, Rob "Stink Bomb" Zombie12"ZOMBIE 311
----Not sure if this qualifys for clownstep but its damn good!

DJ HYPE/DJ PASCAL present DOUBLE ZERORythm BeaterFrontline12"FRONT 09011
----Not clownstep, more like techstep but decent.

DJ HAZARD/D MINDSMr HappyPlayaz (drum & bass)12"PLAYAZ 00211
----Straight up clownstep!!!! I like this one! Extremely silly and energetic.

TWISTED INDIVIDUALSinking ShipZombie12"ZOMBIEUK 01511SFR
----Clownstep! And just weeks earlier I dissed this track on youtube. It grew on me I guess.

HYPHENConfi'DonZombie12"ZOMBIEUK 01711
----Digital-esk, nice housy roller on one side while the other side has some ragga and clownstep elements.

SPECIAL PATROL GROUPPartical BeamZombie12"ZOMBIEUK 1811
----One side is 100% clownstep complete with a body rock beat while the other is the newer clownstep with a regular beat.

DIE/CLIPZIndian SummerClear Skyz12"SKYZ 00211DJ
----No clownstep here but Indian Summer is a lovely tune!

CLIPZUglyAudio Zoo (drum & bass)12"AZ 00411
----Clownstep!

FUTURE PROPHECIES/CAMO/KROOKEDGangstaBezerk (drum & bass)12"BEZ 00311
----One side is clownstep, the other is Renegade hardware esk techstep.

APHRODITEHiroAmix12"AMIX 00711
----Clownstep with 1992 vibes. And its Aphrodite!

FINN, Micky/ERB N DUBWhat Would We DoFinn-S12"FINN-S 00111
----Clownstep with "GO" and Grace Jones samples, plus its Micky Finn!!!

DJ PANIKThe Red PillDrum Orange France12"DRUMORANGE 0311
----Nice clownstep with 4/4 beats and Matrix samples. Unfortunatly its on colored vinyl which tends to ware out faster then black vinyl.

SERUMUltramegneticJump (Drum & Bass)12" promoJUMP 003P11
----DnB Forum's Serum with clownstep on one side and nice 2002 style dnb on the other.

CUBISTMemory LapseZombie12"ZOMBIEUK 02111
----Not clownstep, sounds more like Digital or Ronni Size

TOTAL SCIENCELet It GoHospital Classic Symptoms12"NHSC S 211
----Classic 2002 'ardkore revival DnB. Perfect!

Above is what I ended up with getting for 2008. Can't afford anything else for a while I'm afraid. I need to save up for a new mixer next.

Last edited:
haha. clownstep

SimpsonsClowns.gif

Back
Top Bottom