Recommend a DnB sound system for home

poizta

Any type of acoustics - 2.1, 2.0 monitors or maybe a Hi-End system.
So that it would be perfect for DnB sound

Last edited:
Price range?

Cerwin Vega make good home systems. I own a Polk audio 10 inch sub with a variable crossover that I got for about $250 that puts out a nice sound that I have paired with some older Cerwin Vega speakers, sound is mint.

If youre ambitious, you might try to build your own cabinets and sub with some custom woofers and you can get exactly what you want while learning the basics of speaker building.

Parts Express is a good site for that kind of stuff. http://www.parts-express.com/cat/speaker-kits/286

Otherwise, its all subjective, its best to go to an audio store and test em out.

Thanks. any price range. the deal is that there are a lot of stuff but not all of them would fit perfectly for DnB. Yeah, you can listen to it on any speakers, but what i'm trying to get is what systems give the best sound for DnB music

TBH, you're better off getting some old speakers like some JVCs or something. I rate old skool speakers highly. My mate got 2 80w sonys that sound CRISP from a charity shop, tenner for the pair. I found my JVCs in my dads garage, they hadn't been used for like 15-20 years and they still sound nice :). They look bad boy aswell.

Thanks. any price range. the deal is that there are a lot of stuff but not all of them would fit perfectly for DnB. Yeah, you can listen to it on any speakers, but what i'm trying to get is what systems give the best sound for DnB music

The problem is that most manufactures tend to build their sound around genres like Rock, Classical and typical Top 40 songs. Your best bet is to do some research on basic audio design/theory and start lurking some audiophile forums. Once you choose your system, just EQ to your liking and have a glass of wine :)

Don't get monitors for home listening. Get the best floorstanding hi fi speakers you can afford (Mission and B&W are sick) and a good quality amp. Infinitely nicer sound for listening. Monitors are made for critiquing a mix and generally sound very flat.

Don't get monitors for home listening. Get the best floorstanding hi fi speakers you can afford (Mission and B&W are sick) and a good quality amp. Infinitely nicer sound for listening. Monitors are made for critiquing a mix and generally sound very flat.

You are right which is why I recd the sub. When u first bought them I thought the same but over time I absolutely love them and now hifi speakers sound weird! Have a listen & make your choice

391239_571930606168290_539853404_n.jpg

I used to have some Warfdale Linton 3XP's (similar to missions) way back. Used to use them for listening (and mixing before i got my rokit 5's) and those things could do some damage. Serious volume + bass.

I have got quite a love for passive speakers. Nothing like tinkering with the amp to get the perfect sound.

Back
Top Bottom